Hacking Acekard 2i broken spring loader, what should I do?

Noxous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How it happened:
During normal operation of removing SD card.

What it's currently doing:
When attempting to put in a SD card, it does not stay in place, pops back out.

What I have already done:
I have already contacted the reseller (Game by Game, trusted reseller on Acekard.com) about the warrenty stated on Acekard's site, but they refuse.

Now, how should I fix it myself, I can re-glue it afterwards, so that isn't a problem.
Thank you in advance.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well now i dont think u could fix it, unless u have the skills cuz the ak is really delicate
i would just say that u buy a new one since they arent really that expensive and their awesome too
ul get one for about $12

Noxous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying isn't an option until 3 months from now, so either I fix it now, or buy one in 3 months.
It doesn't matter if I break it.

sphinx.djc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope someone can clarify this for me because I don't understand how/why I see the topics about the AceKard 2i breaking.

Are you referring to the actual cartridge itself or the spring component in the DSi? When I put my SDHC card into the cartridge, there doesn't seem to be a spring, it just slides in and sits firmly. Pulling it out is just as easy, I don't push it in like I would the entire cartridge to take it out from the DSi. I could compare it to the N64 cartridge, push in till its firm, and pull gently until its out, where is this spring loader which breaks?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive done the tape method before,were you tape in the Micro SD,I had to do it on my old Games N Music (Don't buy Games N Music,it sucks)

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe there are some models that have springs and some that don't (I read that several times on here not like I have actual statistics). But I have a spring one and after a few months the spring broke now I have to keep pushing it in then it would pop back out but then I would repeat and sometimes it works. this process could take from 30 seconds to 5+minutes. What I do now though is rip a very small sheet of paper and put that in with the MicroSD and it seems to stay. There is also taping it down if you want to do that.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I keep hearing of springs screwing up on Acekards.

Maybe mine's bound to break sometime, as well.
unsure.gif

Noxous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bookwormz13971 said:
I believe there are some models that have springs and some that don't (I read that several times on here not like I have actual statistics). But I have a spring one and after a few months the spring broke now I have to keep pushing it in then it would pop back out but then I would repeat and sometimes it works. this process could take from 30 seconds to 5+minutes. What I do now though is rip a very small sheet of paper and put that in with the MicroSD and it seems to stay. There is also taping it down if you want to do that.

good quick fix idea for paper, thx will hold me over till 3mounths

EpicPie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ddtran46 said:
Why not just tape it down? lol. Worth a try
When I still had my R4 the spring had issues staying in place so if it happened while I was at school and I didn't have any tools to open my R4 to fix the spring I would put a piece of tape from one side to the other to hold the Micro SD Card in place, lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)