Hacking Acekard 2i 3DS update

Archimboldi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh, I think I get it know. so just overwriting whatever is on there now is not good enough to do the update?

i'll find one somewhere to use.

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this update works for sure! However, the update is successful with the Nintendo DS Lite. Do not try a DSi, it kept cancelling the update on me. So I used a Nintendo DS Lite and it updated just fine! Afterwards, I tested the Acekard 2i on the DSLite, DSi, and 3DS. Results turn positive, it works on all of the systems I listed! However, I cannot confirm for DSi XL or DS Phat, but I believe they would work!

Acekard HWID: 81

Vitet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jmes1991 said:
I can confirm this update works for sure! However, the update is successful with the Nintendo DS Lite. Do not try a DSi, it kept cancelling the update on me. So I used a Nintendo DS Lite and it updated just fine! Afterwards, I tested the Acekard 2i on the DSLite, DSi, and 3DS. Results turn positive, it works on all of the systems I listed! However, I cannot confirm for DSi XL or DS Phat, but I believe they would work!

I did this, but it doesn't work for me
frown.gif

Works on DSLite and DSi, but it doesn't show anything on the 3DS

EDIT: HWID: 8181

Maurice0404

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, i too can confirm that the Acekard 2i works on the 3DS just fine after the reflash software update is done - see acekard site. I used a Dsi XL to reflash then traded it in.
I am going to get my old dsi XL back. perhaps when a larger screen is produced for the 3DS it will be more tempting. the acekard works in the 3DS , i use a 16 gb micro sd card, but the screen is just too small.

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vitet said:
Jmes1991 said:

I did this, but it doesn't work for me
frown.gif

Works on DSLite and DSi, but it doesn't show anything on the 3DS

EDIT: HWID: 8181

From what I'm hearing, it has to do with your acekard 2i as in the connectors. You might have to adjust your connectors so the 3DS can get into contact with them. My friend had the problem, and we did a paper trick where we put it inside the acekard to push the connectors out towards the 3DS's connectors. Sorry if it's confusing, but basically you're trying to give the acekard 2i a lending hand to reach the 3DS by letting the connectors stand on the paper (foot stool)

Jmes1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm gonna make a guide on how I made my acekard 2i work on my 3DS, DSi, and DS Lite.

BEFORE YOU START, THIS IS FOR ACEKARD 2i with HWID 81, NOT HWID 44

1) Download AKAIO 1.8.6 (the latest firmware for acekard 2i)
2) Replace all the system files on your microSD card with the latest AKAIO firmware.
- Your firmware should be at 1.8.6 at this time
- Launch acekard 2i on a DSi or DS Lite to confirm you are running on akaio 1.8.6 on HWID 81 if you need to! (optional step)
3) Download the 3DS update on acekard's website and extract it to desktop or preferred area
4) Place the DS Lite version of the acekard firmware update into the root of your memory stick!
5) USE A DS LITE and pop in the acekard 2i
6) Launch the acekard 2i 3DS update
7) Follow the directions of the acekard 2i 3DS update
- At this point it should tell you to remove the flash cart and re-insert it to the DS Lite.
8) Let the DS Lite upgrade the flash cart from 0% to 100% or until it says it is okay to restart.
- If errors pop up or it does not upgrade, either you didn't follow my directions as an use a DS Lite, use the DS Lite firmware 3DS or you are just unlucky.

I hope this helps! I know how it feels to be the nooby who asks and then some JERK goes "read the whole forum from beginning until end."

Vitet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jmes1991 said:
From what I'm hearing, it has to do with your acekard 2i as in the connectors. You might have to adjust your connectors so the 3DS can get into contact with them. My friend had the problem, and we did a paper trick where we put it inside the acekard to push the connectors out towards the 3DS's connectors. Sorry if it's confusing, but basically you're trying to give the acekard 2i a lending hand to reach the 3DS by letting the connectors stand on the paper (foot stool)

I had to push them down, or into de 3DS? (me when I'm facing it)

EDIT: It worked! I put a little two folds of paper under the connectors to push them out and now the 3DS works with my Acekard! Many thanks!!
I put two photos of the fix:
69ev7q.jpg
34rwwmf.jpg

RailTracer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I have a 3DS and DSPhat. When installing the 3DS update on my Phat, it gets to the "eject the card, insert it again and press B" part and doesn't work. Nothing happens when I follow the instructions. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with it?

I have a Acekard 2.1, AKAIO 1.8.6, and HW:80

OmarGudnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm... I don't have access to a DS Phat or Lite... How do I update using a DSi when every time I try to it automatically tells me "Update is canceled, reboot DS." ???

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
RailTracer said:
Okay, I have a 3DS and DSPhat. When installing the 3DS update on my Phat, it gets to the "eject the card, insert it again and press B" part and doesn't work. Nothing happens when I follow the instructions. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with it?

its not working because you have an acekard 2.1, but you need an acekard 2i (therefore the hardware id is also different)

RailTracer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ut2k4master said:
RailTracer said:

its not working because you have an acekard 2.1, but you need an acekard 2i (therefore the hardware id is also different)
I'm pretty sure it's an Acekard 2i (isn't 2.1 = 2i?)

Here, check it:

WxCEml.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1