Acekard 2 Can't read .sav file (not same problem as other)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by fireskull11, Mar 20, 2009.

1. fireskull11
    OP

Newcomer fireskull11 Newbie

Canada
    Ok, first, I play my game, get a .nds.sav file from it, all happy, I transfer my .nds.sav file to my computer, so I can play it on the NO$GBA emulator, cool i can play my pokemon Pearl on my comp, awesome, now i wanna do some wireless thing, so I switch it back to my Acekard 2...cant read it, the Extansion is now .SAV , ok so I'm changing it to .nds.sav, still cant read it, tried so many different things, just cant read it anymore, BUT NO$GBA Emu can still read it...Help me T_T
    EDIT: the sav is 521ko instead of 512 also

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Use AKAIO firmware. It has an option that allows you to read .sav or .nds.sav files.

But also read that original AceKard firmware should be able to read them. Just to be sure, use the AKAIO firmware.

Go to Start> Properties> System Options

Then look for the part that tells you about the save files (worst memory, but you will just need to explore the AKAIO firmware if I am wrong)

3. fireskull11
    OP

Canada
    Already did this, it still doesnt work...i think it have something to do with the 521Ko instead of 512 Ko sav file

What is the latest Akakio Firmwire, i have the 1.3, and do i need to keep my old ak__ Folder?

4. Splych

Philippines
    That can be one of the problems. Get rid of the original AceKard firmware stuff. I don't remember... But just download the AKAIO firmware. The latest is 1.4.1 so yours is old.

So this is what you need to do....

- Upgrade AKAIO Firmware (Delete old AKAIO stuff then add the new AKAIO stuff)

If that doesn't work, then you can try renaming all your saves ending to .nds.sav. If that still doesn't work, post the saves up in a folder, than I will test and see if it still doesn't work.

AKAIO 1.4.1 Download Link

5. fireskull11
    OP

Canada
    ok thx, ima try this

6. fireskull11
    OP

Canada
    dang, it still doesnt work, but still work with the emulator T_T, thats it, I lost all my pokemon lol, time to play something else

7. Splych

Philippines
    mhm... I think you should contact Another World. Maybe PM him, since he is one of the experts with the AceKard.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    did you try http://www.shunyweb.info? my guess is no$gba threw in some proprietary bits of data that akaio can't pick up on. try converting the save file for the acekard and see if that works. make sure the extensions (.nds.sav/.sav) are set correctly in akaio and that your save is also named correctly. set the save type for the game in the properties (hit Y while highlighting the rom) to "unknown/auto."

hope this helps!

-another world

9. Edragon

Member Edragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    u can google :'ds save converter' and convert the sav from u get from the emulator to Acekard (either .sav or .nds.sav depend on how you set the card)

10. fireskull11
    OP

Canada
    yeah i tried lol, its the first thing i did, but the converter dont want to convert it, it say, upload failed or w/e

11. fireskull11
    OP

Canada
    and I also tried to put it to unknow/auto (i was like, yeah! i found the problem, now it will detect it!) and. nope, didnt work lol, now i'm not at home, so i cant check anything else, I'ma try to re-check everything from the start, etc, and contact you again after, thx everyone for the help, cya tomorrow ^^

12. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
  13. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia