Not open for further replies.

iamthinkingarbys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so i received my acekard 2.1 the other day.
and have tried to put some games onto it all day.
I don't know what i'm doing wrong?
is there a beginners guide?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the firmware. Go to www.acekard.com to download the firmware and to view documentation. The firmware consists of one file (akmenu4.nds) and one folder (__ak2) that you drag onto your microSD card.

-Bri

Geniepr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are on the same page, I already downloaded some games with utorrent, I will be opening the card in a few as I just recieve it but I heard you can download akaio. Do I need to download the original firmware first? If I use Akaio do I have to rename the .nds file?
unsure.gif
I will be using the Search option now and probably that's the best you can do too for the moment. Good Luck!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Geniepr said:
We are on the same page, I already downloaded some games with utorrent, I will be opening the card in a few as I just recieve it but I heard you can download akaio. Do I need to download the original firmware first? If I use Akaio do I have to rename the .nds file?
unsure.gif
I will be using the Search option now and probably that's the best you can do too for the moment. Good Luck!
You need either the original AceKard 2 software or AKAIO, not both of them. AKAIO is a lot better, so I recommend getting that.

Geniepr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, there should be a "acekard for dummies" guide as I'm so lost. I downloaded the Akaio to my micro card but not sure what's the next step. The program file is there but I can't open it. My brain is burned out after daling all days with my kids...
hate2.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should be a .rar file or a .zip file (I can't remember). Use "7zip" to extract the files from the archive. You should have a file named "akmenu4.nds" and a folder named "__aio". Drag both to the microSD card. That's it!

-Bri

Geniepr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, for some reason my computer was not reading it as a zip file, I downloaded the 7 zip program and when i realize how easy it was I was like "DUH"
rolleyes.gif
Thanks a lot, I already installed like 8 games. How many of them fit in a 2g microSD?

iamthinkingarbys

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You need to install the firmware. Go to www.acekard.com to download the firmware and to view documentation. The firmware consists of one file (akmenu4.nds) and one folder (__ak2) that you drag onto your microSD card.

-Bri

Hey so i did that..
and so...
how do i get games onto it?
is it just dragging them into the removable disk or, shall i make a folder on that disk?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you're using Windows, just right-click the ZIP file and select "Extract All..."

You'll need to put the "akmenu4.nds" file and "__ak2" folder onto your microSD card. I would go ahead and make a folder called "games" on your microSD card and put your .nds files in there.

Remember to always, always, always use "safely remove hardware" before removing your microSD card from your PC or it will get corrupted.

-Bri

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seriously if you cant be bothered to read all of the manuals out there on the interwebs about how to set up any nds flashcart then you dont deserve to have one. why cant people do their own research BEFORE buying a card??

yjtreads like this annoy me to no end

/end rant

Geniepr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamthinkingarbys said:
just did that, and for some reason..
i didn't work.
how could this be?
how do you unzip a file?

Try yahoo and search for 7zip download it as it will take less than 3 minutes. Once downloaded look for your saved Akaio firmware and right click, there should be an option to unzip it with the new 7zip you downloaded. After it is open you will see the 3 folders that the Akaio firmare really has. You can leave behind the readme one and drag the other 2 to your new card. Pretty much all games I found have .nds at the end. To remove the card safely from your computer, once ready to take it out look in yout toolbar and place the mouse in the icons until you see the option.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Honestly, I think this is some troll....He's asking all the n00bish questions in order..
If 8 year olds can get their flashcarts to work, then this guy will get it eventually too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol