Acekard 2.1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by x-mah-D, Feb 19, 2009.

Feb 19, 2009

Acekard 2.1 by x-mah-D at 10:13 AM (979 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. x-mah-D
    OP

Banned x-mah-D Banned

Australia
    Hey i just bought a new acekard 2.1 for a mate , hes not much of a heavy gamer, more like a sponge bob dawn to life player.
    I'm fairly used to flashcards r4, m3 itouch , ds one and datel rubbish..

So i thought i'd get him an acekard cause they seem to be good and a 2gb microsd

i was wondering though should i put this AKAIO custom firmware on it, whats the advantages?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  3. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The official AK loader seems to work a bit better than the AKAIO loader - there are instructions on how to put the AK loader into AKAIO though.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i am curious what you are basing that statement on? the official loader is 6 months behind the revisions norm has added to the akaio loader. all of the 4.14 advantages have been added to the akaio loader, plus 2 dma modes, better hooking methods, more game fixes, updated softreset, etc. norm recently managed to save a few kb from the patching routines as well, which should help.

there really is no need to use the official at all. so i am again curious what specifics you find to work better and if you have fully tested your findings.

-another world

5. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    On the surface the AKAIO doesn't look much different than the official version but after a while playing with it, I thought it was much, MUCH better than the official one.

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    if you have an ez 3-in-1, akaio will automatically backup your saves, so i recommend using it just for that. I highly recommend at least adding the official loader into the loader directory however. this is as the official loader seems to work better with some games (for instance, I had bugs with the akaio loader and the ace attorney series of all games [​IMG] ), and you can choose what loader to use in the rom properties menu. you get the best of both worlds that way.