AceKard 2.1 Vs. 2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Jordon, Nov 29, 2011.

Nov 29, 2011

AceKard 2.1 Vs. 2i? by Jordon at 11:50 PM (715 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Jordon
    OP

Newcomer Jordon Member

United States
    Hello there everyone on gbatemp!

Well, I was wondering if anyone knows if there truly are huge differences between AceKard 2.1 and 2i. I recently ordered a 2.1 from Leetmod, but now I'm starting to feel I possibly made the wrong choice by not doing my research. When I first began, I thought that the 2i was ONLY meant for dsi+, but I was wrong, so I ordered the 2.1 for my DS lite. I figure they don't cost too much, so I can always upgrade later, but would it be worthwhile only owning a DS lite anyways?

Also I was wondering if 2.1 had the same anti-piracy setting that the 2i had. If anyone knows about this, please post! Thanks guys!

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
  3. Jordon
    OP

Newcomer Jordon Member

United States
    Hmm. Well it'll be a nice little first flash cart, and I'll just buy the AceKard 2i or the sc2 a bit later down the road. No biggie. :P

4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    The only real differences are the compatibility with DSis and 3DSes, the build quality, and the price. The AK2.1 uses clips while the 2i is simply glued, and AFAIK the 2i is cheaper in some places for some reason. But both work on regular DSes/DSlites, and even sometimes require them for compatibility updates whenever the DSi/3DS gets a new firmware update.