Hacking Acekard 2.1 no icon, double white screen

ParryPerson

Member
Newcomer
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Trophies
1
XP
123
Country
United States
I put it in, and I get no icon, and blank description. If I try to load it, I get double white screens.
I'm running AKAIO 1.7 and have put the THICKEST POSSIBLE paper on the back, and get the same problem, cleaned the contacts, same problem.

I used to be able to push the top of the AK2 back and it would work, but now, that isn't even possible.

Paper didn't work, am I just screwed?
 
If it is, the paper trick does not work at all. I make it so thick you can barely even pull it out, and I get the same problem.

I use my girls AK2i and it works fine.
 
Shinigami357 said:
wasn't there a bad batch of ak2.1's that only work with a particular version of the AKAIO firmware?

It was fixed. I randomly get it to play, but not for long. It worked fine for a while.

I'm selling this piece of shit and getting a AK2i. My girls works fine in mine.
 
tk_saturn said:
Have you tried my other Paper trick? place piece of paper underneath the PCB, not at the back.

Yes, and still no icon or descript, and double white screen.

I've made it so thick I had trouble getting it out sometimes, no matter how much pressure was applied. I'm guessing it's just a really crummy cart. It worked a lot better when I first got it, then after a while, I had to press on the cart, pushing the contacts a little closer together to get it to load, now, it just refuses to play at all. Sometimes I can get the AK2 logo, but when I go to load it, double white.

I should have never ordered the 2.1.
 
Check the contacts on the DS, also check a retail cart works.

You should have clips on the AK2.1 which should allow you to remove the PCB. Try removing the PCB and give it a clean with alcohol etc.
 
tk_saturn said:
Check the contacts on the DS, also check a retail cart works.

You should have clips on the AK2.1 which should allow you to remove the PCB. Try removing the PCB and give it a clean with alcohol etc.

Retail carts work perfect, contacts and inside all cleaned twice, still the same result.

No worries, I already ordered a replacement.
 

Site & Scene News