Acekard 2.1 losing save files?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by BORTZ, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010

Acekard 2.1 losing save files? by BORTZ at 6:55 PM (994 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I had been playing Super Robot Taisen OG EF when it happened the first time. I got decently far, them left it alone for a few months. When i can back to it, there was no load game option.
    Funny, I didnt move anything or delete it did i?
    Checked the kart, and all the save files are right there, the game just doesnt see them i guess.
    Also it happened to my castlevania DoS file. Again all the saves are on the kart, just not being recognised.

Now i can start a new game and come back to it again and it finds it. But it doenst see the old ones.

2. zapoqx

Newcomer zapoqx Advanced Member

United States
    maybe... it set the save files as auto again during one of the updates so it overwrote the file save?

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Have you checked the file extensions? you may need to rename any .nds.sav files to .sav

If you do have .nds.sav files, delete the new .sav's and rename the old nds.sav's to .sav

I have a batch file which can rename and back them up http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=11163

4. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Ok i have some of those. Those pesky .nds.sav files.
    Ill try renaming them and get back to you guys.
    Why does it name them like that?

5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    That's just the Sav Ext. you set AKAIO to set or you were using the Official firmware before possibly. Make sure in the System Options, you have it set to *.sav. Just use tk_saturn's batch file and you'll be good to go.