whipper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there,

Am I correct in thinking AKAIO 1.7 should play most games on my bad batch acekard 2.1? (HW80)

Iv formatted memory card with the panasonic formatter (full non delete format) used 1.7 with included loaders (filetrip) But still alot of games aren't playing. Mostly with a white screen. But tetris and bowsers inside story will show a couple of splash screens and then freeze.

Any advice and info would be much appreciated.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Download AKAIO 1.7 from AKAIO site. Dont replace LOADERS! They are actual in the latest release!
Replacing loaders is main problem - that is why you cant play any game

whipper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't replace any loaders. (i did at first, but then found info on here saying not to)

i got my 1.7 from filetrip. (surely the same files as acekard site)?

Thanks BTW

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
whipper1 said:
what is the AKAIO site?

do you mean the acekard site? their is no link for 1.7 there.

Here's the link http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=520&f=8.Just scroll Normmatt post until the end and you'll see an attachments there. Hope this help...
yaynds.gif

whipper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, thanks very much. Will try now:--)

EDIT.

same thing happening. (and the file sizes were exactly the same, (the 1.7 from filetrip and AKAIO site)

yellow loading note, then blank white screen on fifa10.

So, defiantly, 1.7 should work with these games, with my "bad batch" card? What could be the the problem?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
btw. DO YOU HAVE CHEATS ENABLED? If not, there is a little trouble -> THE GAMES WILL NOT WORK ON AKAIO 1.7 if you DONT HAVE CHEATS ENABLED (dont need to use them, ONLY ENABLE in settings)

whipper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just tried enabling cheats on Tetris DS and Fifa10, but the same thing is happening.

DSlite
AK 2.1 HW80 (found this from AKAIO settings)

Do you think it would be worth while re- downloading a few of my games? incase they have become corrupted somehow.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i wish people would stop calling the dec 09 cards a bad batch. there is nothing wrong with them, they were a hardware revision which required a software update. the fat errored cards were a bad batch.

1.7 has a bug that causes all games to white screen if you mess with cheats. format your msd card and install 1.7. then test using default settings and report back. the filetrip mirror is the same, i always upload the release and get the file directly from normmatt.

-another world

whipper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow- Another World replying to my thread. * honored*

Regarding the 1.7 white screen bug. Some games work fine with my issues. But I will format and start from scratch again. (im even going to get new roms) So maybe wont be posting back tonight. (1am in UK)

Thanks for your input Another World.

ps. How should I refer to my 2.1 card with different HW revision? are they all HW80 ?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All 2.1's are HWID80, there's no real big hardware revision. It just has a different brand of memory chip, yours has one from Spansion. Others may have one from SST, like the Acekard 2i. If you really want to call it something, call it the Spansion Acekard 2.1.

whipper1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working. yayy, very happy now:-) Thanks for everyones help.

It must have been some of the roms were corrupted. Actually thinking back im not that surprised, they had been recovered from a broken hard drive, so i guess some 1s and 0s were missing (idiot) :--)

I guess theirs no need to call my card anything but the excellent 2.1
smile.gif

Thanks for the great fourum and to AKAIO for the development.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.