Acekard 2.1 from Bamboogaming?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kenyiuw, Feb 6, 2010.

Feb 6, 2010
  1. kenyiuw
    OP

Newcomer kenyiuw Newbie

Korea, South
    Hi all,

I purchased my last couple of carts from bamboogaming. However, on my last order, I got no email confirmations, and I opened a ticket to ask them if the order went through okay. I got no reply. However, I did receive the order within the normal timeframe.

Now I need to get another cart, but after reading through these forums for a bit, it seems that a lot of people are getting a bad batch of Acekard 2.1's. I opened a ticket to ask bamboogaming if they've received any complaints about AK2.1's before I place my order, but they still haven't replied to me after a week. So I have two questions:

1. Has anyone been able to get emails from bamboogaming recently?
    2. Anyone order an Acekard from them recently? Was it okay?

For my location, they offer me the best speed/price ratio. If not them, I would generally go with the slower dealextreme, but it seems there are reports of people having problems with the AK2.1's from there. I suppose I could just get an AK2i from DX, but with all the clone talk these days, I'd prefer not to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Considering the amount of people on here who have had problems with the AK2.1, I would avoid it for a while atleast until a fresh batch is at retailers.

The card I got from DX about 2 weeks ago was fine, and I have 2 due soon. I'm happy to let you know if they are fake or not when I get them and a few other people on here also have orders due from DX. I also received 1 from FP this week which also is fine and and the same price as DX ($12.97). However DX, BG, FP are all in China and you have the Chinese new year coming up which will create delays, so if you want one sooner try to find a Retailer in South Korea.

3. kenyiuw
    OP

Newcomer kenyiuw Newbie

Korea, South
    Thanks for the info. I guess AK2i's are the way to go for now. The government in Korea does a pretty good job of shutting down online flashcart businesses as soon as they pop up, so that means if I want one from here, I have to go through local shops. All I've found so far are R4's/clones, so I'm giving up on local since I have no luck in that area. Maybe expedited shipping from DX is my best bet...

4. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    ak2.1 bad stock are still around, better to buy ak2i for now