Hacking Acekard 2.1 freezes when writing .sav file

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nuclear Crow said:
If they are clones, see if you can find a copy/link to the cracked version of the 1.5.1 loaders+firmware.

That might work, however it's not guaranteed.

I cannot provide you a link to it though as Normatt, Smiths, and those guys have asked the mods here to delete any post linking to the cracked version of AKAIO 1.5.1. In addition I believe users have been told not to provide links to it either.

It doesn't.

I found it and it behaves in the exact same way as AKAIO 1.5.1 on my card.

Biasmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rody2k6 said:
Well, I am planning to buy a Acekard 2i (the DSlite and DSi one) from realhotstuff , but after reading these last posts, I am deeply worried.

Should I buy from realhotstuff (as they are a seller that Acekard trusts and are US based) or should I buy a whole totally different card (and which off course)

Not being a douche or anything, and I know this doesn't effect the AK2i's but with the trouble a ton of people are having, on a similar product even if it is a gen back, and this seems to be more than just DX customers, why would you want a product from said company? I mean I check this thread every now and then to see if there is a fix. Because I know Deal Extreme is not gonna RMA it, they have failed to respond, and it looks like Acekard is gonna use the old..... "It's a clone excuse." Buy a totally different card.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Biasmania said:
but with the trouble a ton of people are having, on a similar product even if it is a gen back

i have no idea what you are talking about. are you talking about the FAT error that happened on the original ak2? that was a manufacturing error and nothing to do with the design of the cart. later they fixed the design so this manufacturing fuck-up could not happen again. lets not forget that team acekard honored EVERY request for a replacement. they replaced 5,000 unit orders to more than a few wholesale outlets that I spoke to back then. they would take e-mails on a 1 to 1 basis, respond back to random people in the real world, take their word for it, and send out a replacement free of charge! team acekard puts their e-mail on the web site, they want your feedback, and they actually respond to your questions and problems. please don't forget all of that while you are taking a moment to bash the team.

since that time the ak2.1 has been a wonderful card. 9 times out of 10 the problems are user error. i'm sure i just pissed off a large percentage of users, but its true. all of the people in the akaio beta testers group have served as "helpers" in #acekard and on norms forum. usually a re-format fixes any issues, and this is what we tell people to do. people just seem to think that because 95% of the stuff works it can't be the micro sd. it has to be those 1 or 2 homebrews or that 1 rom that is screwed up, and thus it's the firmwares fault.

anyways, acekard is not telling anyone it is a clone. they made a statement to one of my operators in #acekard stating that there was no new 2.1s tho they mentioned the hwid of 81 which is the 2i hwid. so perhaps they were confused by our questions.

we have thus come to the conclusion that any new 2.1s are clones since they said they have not produced any new 2.1s. the clones that popped up in the past (and were being sold last summer at anime conventions) look exactly like the real thing. you would need to actually take it apart to see the difference. if you can remember some of the r4 clones that popped up, they used the same pcb but the pcb had different holes in it from the manufacturing process. it was by the placement of the "holes" that we could determine if it was a clone or not. so these people are crafty, it is a real possibility that these are clones.

it sucks for the consumer who buys a clone unknowingly. additionally it sucks because norm and smiths (and the entire beta group) hate clones. so akaio is locked out from working on them. so you end up spending 10-20$ on something you have researched, and looked forward to using, only to be duped into a clone which doesn't perform as a genuine card would.

then those people feel angry, violated, ripped off, and out of luck. they turn to bitching on forums, bashing akaio, claiming no one cares and no one wants to help solve the problem.

what you might not know is that norm is actually trying to get akaio to work on these "bad" cards. he has coded more than a few updates and offered them to people to test with. he is trying to figure it out and people don't seem to appreciate that. in the end it might end up being that these are clones, but if they aren't at least norm is working on the problem. until someone sends him a known "bad" card to test not much can be accomplished.

so if you have a bad ak2.1, you are having all of these problems, you purchased it in december from DX, then stop by #acekard. tell us that you have a bad card. tell us that another world said to stop by and idle. then sit tight for a few days and read the scroll. eventually norm will ask for someone to help test a beta of the loader to see what the issue is.

thats the end of my rant. i'm sick, i need soup, and my boobs hurt.

-another world

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
so if you have a bad ak2.1, you are having all of these problems, you purchased it in december from DX, then stop by #acekard. tell us that you have a bad card. tell us that another world said to stop by and idle. then sit tight for a few days and read the scroll.

... or, if you actually have a life, just buy a DSTT, load your games on, and start playing.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
... or, if you actually have a life, just buy a DSTT, load your games on, and start playing.
this is the acekard forum, btw...your suggestion is tantamount to telling someone with a wii problem, in a wii forum, to buy an xbox.

correct? sure.
appropriate? no.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OncleJulien said:
cogitech said:
this is the acekard forum, btw...your suggestion is tantamount to telling someone with a wii problem, in a wii forum, to buy an xbox.

correct? sure.
appropriate? no.

The difference being that the Wii and/or Xbox costs a significant amount of money, and people can't just go buy a new console any day of the week. It makes sense to try to fix the issue.

These cards are literally dirt cheap. They cost less than a bargain-bin game, but people are willing to waste days, even weeks, of their time sitting and watching some bloody IRC channel to see if their precious $8 POS card will be supported or not?

Fucking insanity or utter stupidity? You decide.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
They cost less than a bargain-bin game, but people are willing to waste days, even weeks, of their time sitting and watching some bloody IRC channel to see if their precious $8 POS card will be supported or not?
theres something to be said for that...over in the usb loader forums, i am constantly amazed by people who will literally spend weeks attempting to get game x working, its clearly important to them, yet not important enough to actually purchase the game itself.

we'll have to agree to almost agree, i think.

zcmack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cogitech said:
OncleJulien said:
cogitech said:

correct? sure.
appropriate? no.

The difference being that the Wii and/or Xbox costs a significant amount of money, and people can't just go buy a new console any day of the week. It makes sense to try to fix the issue.

These cards are literally dirt cheap. They cost less than a bargain-bin game, but people are willing to waste days, even weeks, of their time sitting and watching some bloody IRC channel to see if their precious $8 POS card will be supported or not?

you make a great point. however, i don't know why you show up to get hostile with everyone on here. make your statement, sure... but you don't have to be a dick about it.

cogitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zcmack said:
cogitech said:
OncleJulien said:
cogitech said:

correct? sure.
appropriate? no.

you make a great point. however, i don't know why you show up to get hostile with everyone on here. make your statement, sure... but you don't have to be a dick about it.

Sorry. Really. It's just that I am a dick, by nature. I have an extremely low tolerance for stupidity of any sort, a hair trigger temper, and a foul mouth. Please don't take it personally.

A big part of why I am still hanging around here being a pain in the ass is because I was initially treated like shit when I raised this AK issue. The people who tried to "help" could only point the finger at me, assuming I was some fucking simpleton (granted there is a LOT of that around here). Well, I'm going to beat this dead horse till it's powder. If even just one person out there avoids buying a shitty AK 2.1, it'll be all worth it.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i received my replacement 2.1 from dx today - same hardware id, same physical appearance as well. only physical difference being its not spring loaded in the micro-sd slot, and while under the latest akaio it will play existing save files, it wont play the new ones it creates.

does this help? hinder? no idea, but take my info and do what you will with it.

Aksen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got an ak2i and it works great. Bought another ds for my girlfriend and popped the 2.1 in it. She can play peggle anytime now
tongue.gif

I'll keep an eye on this issue, i hope some magical solution is discovered.

Cooldudenotu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issues.

I purchased my AK2 from RHS and received it yesterday, played pokemon platinum for 6 hours only to discover I couldn't load my save file the next morning :\

I purchased this card in the middle of last week.

I won't be touching anymore AK2, I'll be purchasing another card (looks like ppl reccomend DSTT but I will be doing a LOT of research before buying another card, I thought I did enough on the AK2 but guess not).

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone notice that DX isn't selling them no more?

I checked in the area they would be at and they're just gone.
I also searched google and man.. They were gone.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cogitech said:
A big part of why I am still hanging around here being a pain in the ass is because I was initially treated like shit when I raised this AK issue. The people who tried to "help" could only point the finger at me, assuming I was some fucking simpleton (granted there is a LOT of that around here)."Treated like shit" sounds extremely harsh, as I'm sure you have received a significant amount of help in this forum. Unfortunately most problems start at the user,so the troubleshooting usually starts there as well. And back then, the "save game issue" wasn't even as widespread as it is now. Or maybe you just don't understant the point of the forum, since people here aren't paid to do anything.

QUOTE(Sonia @ Jan 24 2010, 10:00 AM) Anyone notice that DX isn't selling them no more?

I checked in the area they would be at and they're just gone.
I also searched google and man.. They were gone.
It's probably because of one of these two things~ the lawyers knocking on their doors, or a bad batch of Acekards. Take your pick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think