Acekard 2.1 - Dead after 1 use?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Itsuki, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009

Acekard 2.1 - Dead after 1 use? by Itsuki at 5:36 PM (1,436 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Itsuki
    OP

Newcomer Itsuki Member

United States
    I received a new Acekard a couple of days ago, and I just got around to using it. It was working fine, and I shut off my DS when I was done. When I turned it back on, on the main menu, it showed that I could select slot1. However, it showed no details that the Acekard usually does when it is turned on, such as the logo and website. It's basically just a selectable bubble. When I do select it, both screens turn white. Sorry if I'm not describing this well, but if anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    if the card doesn't display in the firmware you have a contact issue. take it in/out/in/out of the ds.
    also reseat the msd.

start there.

-another world

3. Itsuki
    OP

Newcomer Itsuki Member

United States
  4. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This is most likely a contact issue. Use the edge of slot-1 as a pivot and try to nudge the contacts together when inserting the 2.1.

I've managed to create this issue on my older 2.1.

5. Itsuki
    OP

Newcomer Itsuki Member

United States
    Thanks, I tried that. The sad thing is, I got the same thing shown in the screenshot. If I can't find a solution, I'll just get a replacement from DX, since the msd reader that came with it didn't work either.

6. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Seems faulty. Even if there was no MicroSD in the slot, it would still show "Acekard 2" then when launched youd get the forever "Loading" screeen in blue text but you have a screen where it detects a card with no info basically a blank DS card. the internal AK2 firmware is corrupted. Send it back for refund. Can't be a contact issue, card wouldnt shown up at all if it was

~ Jon

7. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Try these steps I compiled maybe they can help you.

How To Troubleshoot Your Flashcart:

STEP 1: Make sure you're not using the card reader that comes with the flashcart. Buy your own. Always use the "Add/Remove Hardware Safely" function before removing the reader.
    STEP 2: Check your microSD card for smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 3: Check your Flashcart for any abrasions or smudges on the contacts. Clean with a QTIP. You can add a bit of alcohol onto the QTIP, if wanted.
    STEP 4: Possibly, your Flashcart is not making perfect contact the DS. Try the "Paper Shim Trick" to close the gap and make the space tighter.
    STEP 5: Copy all of your games and saves off your microsd card to your computer (BACKUP). Download the latest "Panasonic SD Formatter" and do a full format with this application. Install the latest firmware again from a different/reliable site. Then add on your games and saves to the newly formatted card.
    STEP 6: If the latest firmware doesn't work sometimes downgraded firmwares can achieve working results. Try downgrading, if it doesn't resolve just go back up to the latest firmware again.
    STEP 7: There are times where the official firmware for your specific cart isn't up to par with the alternatives created. Try a legit alternative firmware for your flashcart. eg, (DSTT/R4 -->YSMENU), (Acekard--->AKAIO), (M3 DS Real---> Sakura) so forth..
    STEP 8: If you're using cheats maybe they are faulty. Get rid of them and get them from a reliable source.
    Or just dont put them on period.
    STEP 9: Possibly the "GAMES/ROMS" you have are faulty. Obtain ones from a new location...

STEP 10: Try another DS. If possible.
    STEP 11: If all else fails, get a new Flashcart and/or MicroSD Card from a reputable site.

Tell us if it works or not~ Good luck.

8. Itsuki
    OP

Newcomer Itsuki Member

United States
    The problem has nothing to do with the mSD, firmware, or whatever. I know from experience that even without the msd in, the acekard should still show up on the main menu. I believe jonjon95 is right, and I'll just get a refund/replacement.

9. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    STEP 11, baby...

10. Itsuki
    OP

Newcomer Itsuki Member

United States
    I'm already good for that, haha...
    I'm trying to get a replacement from DX, just waiting on them...