Hacking Acekard 2.1 compatability with Ez Flash 3in1.

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I've got an Acekard 2.1, works perfectly and all, running on the latest AKAIO. Now, I was wondering if This EZ Flash 3in1 (not sure if it is '+' or not.): " http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target...roduct_id=29793 " would work properly with my Acekard 2.1. I'm sure many of you know why I ask. I've looked all through the forums seeing save issues with AKAIO and EZ Flash. I've seen that EZ Flash is the best by most (Or if any of you know better, then tell me. =D)
So what I want to know are these things:

1) Is that product an EZ Flash 3in1+ Or standard?

2) Either way, will it work with Acekard 2.1 AKAIO 1.4.1 repack?

3) Also, is there just a better Slot 2 flash for lite altogether?

Thank you, in advance.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unkown
Yes
Yes
The ewin might be better, but the 3in1 is fine.

Note that not all homebrews work with the 3in1+. The browser works and stuff. So do GBA games.If all else fails for the browser, try out cheat codes.

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Briankealing said:
Unkown
Yes
Yes
The ewin might be better, but the 3in1 is fine.

Note that not all homebrews work with the 3in1+. The browser works and stuff. So do GBA games.If all else fails for the browser, try out cheat codes.

All that matters is the GBA games. I suppose the rumble feature would be nice, but the browser is not necessary.
Thank you.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA is flawless.

Rumble and RAM are nice side features.

I was a little unhappy that the 3in1 is more expensive than the AK2.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
vato told me (many times) via irc that there are nor issues with the 3in1+ and akaio. he said that akaio will not boot from the gui a game flashed to nor and that he is forced to use the nds firmware "boot slot2" option. he also mentioned that the same thing happes with gba exploader. it could just be his kit, i duno. i don't have a 3in1+ to test. realhotstuff has the old 3in1 and they will guarantee that you get what you pay for.

not sure if any of that helps, but i felt i should add it for your information.

-another world

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
vato told me (many times) via irc that there are nor issues with the 3in1+ and akaio. he said that akaio will not boot from the gui a game flashed to nor and that he is forced to use the nds firmware "boot slot2" option. he also mentioned that the same thing happes with gba exploader. it could just be his kit, i duno. i don't have a 3in1+ to test. realhotstuff has the old 3in1 and they will guarantee that you get what you pay for.

-another world

I've got lost. Now, I know that Homebrews are crapped out, which I do not care about. But will it effect the GBA function?

EDIT: Also, I've already made the buy from gamebygame for the +. Are there any important tips on how to get it to function with AKAIO/Acekard 2?

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:

-another world

It happens with my 3in1+ too when I try and flash a game to the NOR of the 3in1 and run it from AKAIO.

skriblzzI've got lost. Now, I know that Homebrews are crapped out, which I do not care about. But will it effect the GBA function?

It just means you have to boot it from the firmware instead of from the flash card... that is the only difference.

Also neither the Ewin or 3in1/+ have RTC meaning clock based events won't work so thats a bummer for if you want to play Pokemon with the clock. Also to get a GBA game to boot from within AKAIO just run the game and if it is 16MB or less it will flash to PSRAM and run after a minute or so... if it is 32MB it will flash to NOR and you will have to turn off the DS and run it from the firmware.

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raing3 said:
Another World said:

-another world

It happens with my 3in1+ too when I try and flash a game to the NOR of the 3in1 and run it from AKAIO.

skriblzzI've got lost. Now, I know that Homebrews are crapped out, which I do not care about. But will it effect the GBA function?

It just means you have to boot it from the firmware instead of from the flash card... that is the only difference.

Also neither the Ewin or 3in1/+ have RTC meaning clock based events won't work so thats a bummer for if you want to play Pokemon with the clock. Also to get a GBA game to boot from within AKAIO just run the game and if it is 16MB or less it will flash to PSRAM and run after a minute or so... if it is 32MB it will flash to NOR and you will have to turn off the DS and run it from the firmware.

Well, I don't honestly mind having to flash from the firmware. I just do not know how to go about doing any of it. Slot-2 stuff is new to me. I want to know what I will have to do exactly to go about any of it. Even where to put the damn ROMs. xD

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raing3 said:
Just load the GBA game like you would an NDS ROM except it is a lot slower.

All right. I've done some studying. So GBA exploader won't work and Pokemon games will not either? That's rather sad... I'm trying to think if ones like Fire Red will work, since there is no clock to set in that one.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
The functionality of AKAIO pretty much does what GBA Exploader does I think... Pokemon games do work except clock based events won't happen (well I think they do but the clock only increases when you play the games I think)... Fire red and leaf green should work properly since they don't have a clock.

The only cart I have found which actually has RTC is the M3 Lite Perfect which costs $65 and I have only found it at one place so far...

skriblzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raing3 said:
The functionality of AKAIO pretty much does what GBA Exploader does I think... Pokemon games do work except clock based events won't happen (well I think they do but the clock only increases when you play the games I think)... Fire red and leaf green should work properly since they don't have a clock.

The only cart I have found which actually has RTC is the M3 Lite Perfect which costs $65 and I have only found it at one place so far...

Wait... If I remember correctly, they do work. For instance emulators give the same message, just the events fail. But since there is not many events on GBA Pokemon games, it does not matter. lol

All right. Thanks, man. I think I've got it from here. You've been a big help. All of you have.
yaynds.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
raing3 said:

there is only 1 place still selling it as far as i've seen. i paid 90$ for mine and it was worth every penny. i recommend that everyone has one for a slot2. right now i got it in my gb micro and i'm loving it.

as for homebrew, gba homebrew works just fine on the 3in1. some homebrews require a fixed header before they will boot after being flashed. you can use gbata to do this. you can also flash ds.gba passme roms to nor and use the passme option of akaio to launch them. for the longest time i've kept dsheretic in nor! =)

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...