Acekard 2.1 Black Screens..

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by cabby3, Mar 1, 2010.

Mar 1, 2010

Acekard 2.1 Black Screens.. by cabby3 at 11:10 AM (794 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. cabby3
    OP

Newcomer cabby3 Member

Hi, I've been searching this for a week and I don't think its on here, I've tried Acekard BBS and its hard to search chinese and I've been googling and GBAtemp searching and i'm not quite sure whats up...

Been using my Acekard 2.1 since July 09 without any problems, used the original loaders at first until AKAIO 1.5 was released and everythings been fine. Uploaded the loaders later on when Mario and Luigi came out and that worked fine too..

Sometime last week, I loaded Zelda - Spirit Tracks, the game started loading then the MicroSD icon flashed like nuts, and it stopped. I shut it off after a few minutes and when I started it up, it would start off saying Loading in BLUE on the bottom screen and then drop to TWO black screens (top and bottom).

Not sure what happened, I've tried reformatting many times with Panasonic Formatter, reinstallation of ANY AKAIO will give me the same situation as above, two black screens. Installing old firmwares I think it was 4.21 would show the clock and calender ontop and say Acekard RPG, but the bottom would be blank and the Microsd icon flashes NON STOP. Older firmwares like 4.11 I think it is will show a blank top screen, but file loader on the bottom, games like Tetris load but crash and freeze after about 2 minutes..

ANY help would be great, I have no idea how to fix this

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Have you tried a different microSD card?

3. cabby3
    OP

Newcomer cabby3 Member

Basically, it reads the card, Says Loading in blue on the bottom screen and doesn't really make it to any sort of screen, it kind of drops dead before it would load AKAIO for example. I don't see anything, I know some people get Loading freezes AFTER trying certain games, I can't load anything

4. cabby3
    OP

Newcomer cabby3 Member

Yes I tried another card, but a much smaller one.

First one is a 2gb Kingston that I got with the Acekard

Second was a cheapo brand 512mb I got from TheSource and both give me the same results..

I have access to another 2gb Sandisk I could try too..

5. dukemagus

Member dukemagus GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    i am getting similar problem... black screens on resident evil.

the intro movies does not load (black screen) and the soft reset just fails (white screen with nothing more...)

AKAiO 1.5.1

similar problem with phantasy star zero

oh well... i need help