Hacking AceCard + EZ Flash 3-1

Electric_Wizard

OP
Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
I have just got a new AceCard + EZ Flash 3-1.

Do I need to do anything to make the 3-1 work? I plugged it in with the acecard and when I try and boot it I just get a white screen (after the oldschool gameboy logo).

I also tried booting to slot 2 from the acecard menu and this time I get both screens completely white without even the gameboy logo.

Doesn't seem to be any instructions with either product, can anyone give me a clue?

EDIT: Just discovered that the flash card I'm using is 'unsuitable for commercial DS games' (8GB sandisc). Could this be the problem perhaps?

btw, I'm using the latest version of the RPG loaderif that makes any difference.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need 3-in-1 loader, rudolf made a good one, but somehow the one i installed on my acekard was a ds phat menu and i cant change lighting by the light bulb :{

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have just got a new AceCard + EZ Flash 3-1.

Do I need to do anything to make the 3-1 work? I plugged it in with the acecard and when I try and boot it I just get a white screen (after the oldschool gameboy logo).

I also tried booting to slot 2 from the acecard menu and this time I get both screens completely white without even the gameboy logo.

Doesn't seem to be any instructions with either product, can anyone give me a clue?

EDIT: Just discovered that the flash card I'm using is 'unsuitable for commercial DS games' (8GB sandisc). Could this be the problem perhaps?

btw, I'm using the latest version of the RPG loaderif that makes any difference.

You need to either use the custom 4.06 firmware (http://code.google.com/p/acekard-3in1/downloads/list) or launch Rudolphs 3n1 tool. Selecting the boot from slot 2 will only accomplish anything once you have something flashed to the NOR memory or if you have a full fledged slot2 cart.

You need to adjust the speed settings for you sd card. Its found in the sdlist.ini. Try a higher number than whats there now.

you need  3-in-1 loader, rudolf made a good one, but somehow the one i installed on my acekard was a ds phat menu and i cant change lighting by the light bulb :{
ASFAIK you can't adjust backlighting on the DS phat.
EDIT: Just re-read. You can't adjust the backlight using the right shoulder button anymore. You need to tap the touch screen icon or adjust it in the system settings. There was a button confilict so that was eliminated (don't know which firmware last used it.)

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, like the above poster said, the acekard directly supports the 3in1 expansion and you can launch GBAs through its menu but you need to have the custom firmware he linked above. That will also give you the "3in1" option on the start screen. This will let you adjust rumble and RAM.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
no what i mean is i think i had a ds phat menu on my dslite somehow, but now i think the skin was just corrupted. cause before when i could click on the bulb, lightning wouldnt change, now i changed my skin and it works the way its supposed to

TD-Linux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only one version:

Code:
inline void setBrightness( u8 level )
{
 Âu8 data = PM_ReadRegister(PM_NDSLITE_ADR);
 Âif( 0 == (data & PM_NDSLITE_ISLITE) ) // this is not a DS Lite machine
   Âreturn;

Âdata &= ~PM_NDSLITE_BRIGHTNESS_MASK;
 Âdata |= PM_NDSLITE_BRIGHTNESS(level);
 ÂPM_WriteRegister(PM_NDSLITE_ADR,data);
}

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A note: Gelu's firmware makes gba saves like the RPG does with nds (romname.gba.sav) in the same directory as the rom. Rudolphs tool uses the save folder in the gba folder and uses the (rom code.sav) format. I haven't tried swapping the saves to see if they're interchangeable or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night