Hardware accidently dropped my new xl should I be scared?

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i was playing dragonball fusions and it suddenly slipped in my hand bounced on my bed and plummeted to about a two feet drop below a parquet floor

good thing though was it landed on its back and it had a clear case attached to it when it fell so there was no visible damage dents and scratches on the system (not sure about the internals though)

Everything still works (camera, WiFi, apps, games, touch screen, etc) but im kinda afraid of opening it up one day and it'll just boot to a black screen or something.

How worried should I be?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be incredibly worried, the 3DS's main source of power is a tiny fission reactor that will go into meltdown immediately after the lid is opened if it's mishandled

No, you're fine. Nintendo drop-tests all their hardware, if there's no visible damage there's next to no way that anything internally was damaged by that short of a fall

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be incredibly worried, the 3DS's main source of power is a tiny fission reactor that will go into meltdown immediately after the lid is opened if it's mishandled

No, you're fine. Nintendo drop-tests all their hardware, if there's no visible damage there's next to no way that anything internally was damaged by that short of a fall
The O3DS/2DS is fission. The N3DS is fusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-