accidently dropped my new xl should I be scared?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mario-lucis-caelum, Jan 23, 2017.

1. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    i was playing dragonball fusions and it suddenly slipped in my hand bounced on my bed and plummeted to about a two feet drop below a parquet floor

good thing though was it landed on its back and it had a clear case attached to it when it fell so there was no visible damage dents and scratches on the system (not sure about the internals though)

Everything still works (camera, WiFi, apps, games, touch screen, etc) but im kinda afraid of opening it up one day and it'll just boot to a black screen or something.

How worried should I be?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Based on how you described the fall, I wouldn't be worried if it still works.

mario-lucis-caelum likes this.
  3. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'd be incredibly worried, the 3DS's main source of power is a tiny fission reactor that will go into meltdown immediately after the lid is opened if it's mishandled

No, you're fine. Nintendo drop-tests all their hardware, if there's no visible damage there's next to no way that anything internally was damaged by that short of a fall

Lacius likes this.
  4. mario-lucis-caelum
    OP

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Thanks man hopefully if the drop did do some damage on it the warrantly will cover it or something.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The O3DS/2DS is fission. The N3DS is fusion.

Victorum, DrkBeam and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    No, they changed it back to fission with the latest update. Stability, ya know :^)

Victorum likes this.