Hacking Accidently deleted the "nintendo 3ds " folder on sd card while following guide , please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phones still have SD cards?
Yes. Most smartphones have both a MicroSD slot and internal storage, both of which you would need to overwrite completely before selling it unless you're okay with a stranger having access to your personal data.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seriously, you are so stupid. I said how, because I never saw anybody do that. Of course I know it was an accident

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well thanks guys , like I said above i'm not too concerned with it being deleted , since I didn't have any saves on it . I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't brick when I continued with installing the cfw .

Retrofrog56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted mine but forgot to put the Nintendo 3DS file somewhere safe and now I think I lost it I was using paritionwizard couldn't get it back through the recycling can was wonderin if anyone knew how I could get it back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I formatted mine but forgot to put the Nintendo 3DS file somewhere safe and now I think I lost it I was using paritionwizard couldn't get it back through the recycling can was wonderin if anyone knew how I could get it back.
This post is so old I probably wont even get a response..

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This post is so old I probably wont even get a response..

If you went to System Settings → Other Settings → Format System Memory, you can't recover the Nintendo 3DS folder as this permanently deletes the data off the SD card.

However, if you deleted that folder from a computer, try using a data recovery program.
  • List of data recovery program
  • Go with EaseUS for first pick.
  • Get the paid/Pro version; find a cracked version on your own if you can't buy it..

Reactions: Retrofrog56

Ender3Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
check the description . i need help and fast . thanks

i was on the step where i'm supposed to delete the 3ds folder but i accidently deleted the wrong one .
We're missing a bit of critical information -
What guide are you following? I'm guessing 3ds.hacks.guide, but if so, what firmware version are you hacking and what method?
If not, it would be great if you could link to the guide.

It's possible you don't have to worry. Don't take my word for it, but you may be able to reinsert the SD into your 3ds, which will result in a new 'Nintendo 3ds' folder being created on the SD card. Keep in mind that depending on what state your console is in and how far you are through the guide, this may not work.

Alternately, use a file recovery program. As long as you haven't written to the SD card since, the files are still there. All that is deleted when you delete a file is a snippet of information that there is a file stored at X location, X format, etc. The files are still there, you just need to find a way to restore the pointers.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We're missing a bit of critical information -
What guide are you following? I'm guessing 3ds.hacks.guide, but if so, what firmware version are you hacking and what method?
If not, it would be great if you could link to the guide.

It's possible you don't have to worry. Don't take my word for it, but you may be able to reinsert the SD into your 3ds, which will result in a new 'Nintendo 3ds' folder being created on the SD card. Keep in mind that depending on what state your console is in and how far you are through the guide, this may not work.

Alternately, use a file recovery program. As long as you haven't written to the SD card since, the files are still there. All that is deleted when you delete a file is a snippet of information that there is a file stored at X location, X format, etc. The files are still there, you just need to find a way to restore the pointers.
You do realize this thread and issue was from 2016 yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10