Hacking "Accidentally" updated, What can I do now?

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, My daughter connected My switch to the internet and well, fucking updated it, I had it with AutoRcm on ReiNX, What can I do now?
Can I still use AutoRCM and ReiNX on it?
are My back ups useless now? (I did all the Nan back ups and all that before I started using ReiNX

Reactions: radicalwookie

cherup

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AutoRcm will work in the same way, but you cannot use your old nand backups any longer with OFW.

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You didn't lose anythink except booting ofw in a lower firmware release and expect a ban from online services on the future.

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are going to be banned if you use some nsp, but there aren’t any other trouble, every thing would have to work properly, just updapte your rei

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, My daughter connected My switch to the internet and well, fucking updated it, I had it with AutoRcm on ReiNX, What can I do now?
are My back ups useless now? (I did all the Nan back ups and all that before I started using ReiNX
You might get banned, you might not, I think 6.0 burns fuses so you can't go back(but you should make a new nand backup, I'm pretty sure you can get your nsp working, probably everyone will be update in to 6.0 soon I wouldn't worry about it too much, try and prevent this in the future.

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all, boot into hekate and go check your fuses. Post here how many fuses you have burnt and then we'll go from there. Until you have that answer, everything else is speculation

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just reapply AutoRCM. All a system update does w/r/t RCM stuff is undo AutoRCM. Enter RCM mode using whatever physical method you used before (personal recommendation if youre gonna do AutoRCM anyway is to just use some tinfoil), boot Hekate, go to Tools -> AutoRCM and enable AutoRCM there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First of all, boot into hekate and go check your fuses. Post here how many fuses you have burnt and then we'll go from there. Until you have that answer, everything else is speculation
Let us know the status of your fuses.
Assuming he knows that his daughter updated his system, that would suggest he booted into OFW. Booting OFW w/o some form of CFW burns fuses.

How many fuses he has burnt doesn't matter.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While nothing will protect you 100% here is how I handle this problem in my house.
A. Train the kids on how updates can screw up their games. No updates without getting approval from Dad.
B. No one in the house knows the WiFi password but me. Want to connect a device, come see me. The wife is allowed but with a 30 character password she doesn’t want to know it. :rofl:

D

Deleted User

I mac address ban mine lol.

You will be ok though. Everything for the most part works the same now on 6.0 like others said just reapply autorcm and have all your homebrew and cfw up to date and it will be good to go. The efuses will be burnt though so no downgrades and you will need to make a new nand backup due to that.

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I don´t get why everyone is so focused on their fuses, as long as you´re not on 4.1 or lower for an EVENTUALLY coming coldboot exploit imo it doesn´t matter if you burn your fuses or not.
Since you always can push a payload you also always will have a way to boot a lower firmware this way also with burnt fuses, thats been possible a long time now.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don´t get why everyone is so focused on their fuses, as long as you´re not on 4.1 or lower for an EVENTUALLY coming coldboot exploit imo it doesn´t matter if you burn your fuses or not.
Since you always can push a payload you also always will have a way to boot a lower firmware this way also with burnt fuses, thats been possible a long time now.
Pushing a lower firmware with a payload on a system with burnt fuses does nothing for you. You're not "downgrading your ofw" so what's the point? Bragging rights?

Say a coldboot or warm boot method comes out for 4.1 and your on OFW 6.0. You cant simply launch a lower firmware with a payload and apply the new exploit. Your OFW has to be able to run that lower firmware with no hacks!

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Pushing a lower firmware with a payload on a system with burnt fuses does nothing for you. You're not "downgrading your ofw" so what's the point? Bragging rights?

Say a coldboot or warm boot method comes out for 4.1 and your on OFW 6.0. You cant simply launch a lower firmware with a payload and apply the new exploit. Your OFW has to be able to run that lower firmware with no hacks!

And thats exactly what i said.
For example: If i´m on 6.0 and it has homebrew issues i can "virtually" downgrade back to 5.1 although my fuses are burnt. But you´re absolutely right that i can´t use any exploits that will eventually come because my fuses are burnt.
But if i´m already higher than 4.1 (most users are on 5.1 and i doubt that the OP was on 4.1), what´s the point of "saving" your fuses? The hope that a coldboot exploit for 5.1 will come? This wont happen.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Okay, just get the latest reiNX files from their guide @ reinx.guide and reinstall the autoRCM with the toolkit

Make a new nand backup as well, incase you brick. you might as well do it with the ReiNX toolkit as the switch has been online and would most likely have been flagged by nintendo for future ban.

I also suggest using 90dns to prevent connection to nintendos servers for future in case you aren't banned

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And thats exactly what i said.
For example: If i´m on 6.0 and it has homebrew issues i can "virtually" downgrade back to 5.1 although my fuses are burnt. But you´re absolutely right that i can´t use any exploits that will eventually come because my fuses are burnt.
But if i´m already higher than 4.1 (most users are on 5.1 and i doubt that the OP was on 4.1), what´s the point of "saving" your fuses? The hope that a coldboot exploit for 5.1 will come? This wont happen.
You could use the exploits if you downgraded but it would be kind of pointless because if you downgrade you have to use Hekate/ReiNX/SXOS to bypass the fuse checks (also if you downgraded sleep mode wouldn’t work)

ROYGES

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everybody for replying I will update Rains and do another Back up.

Good ser, I was on 4.1

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why you not only turn off updates and turn on airplane, but also DELETE ALL INTERNET CONNECTION SETTINGS and tell those around you to not re-enter them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/