Hacking Accident update game

Takashi098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm very new to this forum, so I don't know where to put this post. Sorry if this post does not belong here but here's my situation:

I was able to installed my first game into my Emunand, and everything worked fine until I clicked on update my software for that game then it keeps rebooting to Hekate

my firmware is 8.0.1
CFW Atmosphère 0.9.3

I don't think I updated my firmware as the other posts did.

Attachments

• ezgif-1-335c181e80d0.gif
    ezgif-1-335c181e80d0.gif
    8.8 MB · Views: 303
Last edited by Takashi098,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm very new to this forum so I don't really know where to put this post. Sorry if this kind of post not belong here but here's my situation:

I was able to installed my first game into my Emunand and everything worked fine until I clicked on update my software for that game then it keep rebooting to hekate

my firmware is 8.0.1
CFW Atmosphère 0.9.3
Sounds like you installed a firmware update, not a game update.

Reactions: Takashi098

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to confirm on my console/sd card? I believed I did turn off my wifi so I don't think it update yet.
If you got any kind of update notice, wifi was definitely not off. And the update already installed, so you'll either need to downgrade emuNAND to 8.1.0 or wait for hekate and atmosphere to update and add support for 9.0.0 (current latest firmware).
Also if by installed game you meant like a pirated NSP, then you were on wifi with that installed meaning you'll very likely be getting banned unless you get real lucky

Takashi098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got any kind of update notice, wifi was definitely not off. And the update already installed, so you'll either need to downgrade emuNAND to 8.1.0 or wait for hekate and atmosphere to update and add support for 9.0.0 (current latest firmware).
Also if by installed game you meant like a pirated NSP, then you were on wifi with that installed meaning you'll very likely be getting banned unless you get real lucky

Thank you for all your answers. I think I'll just going to restore my backup again. Have a nice day.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your answers. I think I'll just going to restore my backup again. Have a nice day.
Just gonna let you know, since you updated to 9.0.0 (at least I'm 99% positive you did) your gamecard slot will stop working on any firmware lower than 9.0.0+. It will literally crash immediately when a card is inserted. So you'll want to keep your game card slot empty if it isn't already.

Takashi098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh
Just gonna let you know, since you updated to 9.0.0 (at least I'm 99% positive you did) your gamecard slot will stop working on any firmware lower than 9.0.0+. It will literally crash immediately when a card is inserted. So you'll want to keep your game card slot empty if it isn't already.

Ahhh, I forgot to mention. I don't think I update yet because my burnt fuse is still at #5.

I think I turn on my wifi then I turned off again but it still asking me to update and then I clicked update but it didn't update but for some reason my emunand thought it did. hmmm now I'm confuse.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh

Ahhh, I forgot to mention. I don't think I update yet because my burnt fuse is still at #5.

I think I turn on my wifi then I turned off again but it still asking me to update and then I clicked update but it didn't update but for some reason my emunand thought it did. hmmm now I'm confuse.
If we are still talking about emuNAND, updating it should never burn fuses as using a bootloader required to run emuNAND would prevent fuses from being burnt but afaik it still updates the gc so everything I've said still stands.
If you turned wifi on without 90DNS active, it likely downloaded the update. It usually will download the update on it's own, and once it's downloaded even if you turn the wifi off it can still install the update because it's already downloaded

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

Takashi098

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are still talking about emuNAND, updating it should never burn fuses as using a bootloader required to run emuNAND would prevent fuses from being burnt but afaik it still updates the gc so everything I've said still stands.
If you turned wifi on without 90DNS active, it likely downloaded the update. It usually will download the update on it's own, and once it's downloaded even if you turn the wifi off it can still install the update because it's already downloaded

Totally agree, my apologize for my lack of knowledge and very appreciate on all your answers to my doubt. Luckily I just started jailbreak yesterday so I've no valuable data to that emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1