six58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.feeltheword.net
XP
Country
so i've had my DSL for less than a week, only having a thin pouch to hide it in at this stage and trying to be extra careful with it til i can get accessories

locally there just isn't much around, and even less that i like.
i'm in australia - and also not in a city which makes it harder, so i'm now down to buying off the net. i'd rather bypass ebay etc and get everything from one site. currently looking at play-asia and renchi for a few things as this seems the cheapest way to do it

definates that i'm sure on -
a small pouch - to fit DS, and couple of game cartridges and cloth etc -
screen protectors (hori)
larger stylus

the more important one i can't decide on though, and that is the main case protector
i'm torn between a crystal hard case - the hori one looks good
or a silicon cover

does anyone have the hard crystal hori covers? do they close properly?
are they easy to take the DS in and out without hurting it?
and is there breathing space between the case and the DS?
reason i ask last question as i like the idea of the madcatz case and putting a design under the case using printing paper (http://customization.madcatz.com/nds.html), but if its too tight the paper may scratch the console which i'm concerned about.

otherwise a silicon case - i think i prefer the hori one here to. i have a silicon case on an mp3 player which i don't mind but i don't like holding for excessive periods due to its rubbery texture. i can imagine that it would annoy me fairly quickly on a console. they tend to feel dusty quickly to.
so i guess just some opinions on silicon cases vs hard case would be nice

the other case i found was at dealextreme which was a silicon inside the crystal case but i'm not sure the lower build quality is worth getting. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5860

then i'm stuck on colour. i have a thing for pink and i am getting a pink pouch and pink stylus, but prefered the white for the console itself.
i guess i liked the silicon as i can get that in pink. i could get the hard case in pink to but you wouldn't see designs placed under that as effectively in translucent pink vs clear white
but then the pouch etc is in pink and a design could be pinkish to so its not a BIG deal
blink.gif

another factor is i will carry this in my bag a bit i expect, so may need a bit more dust and dirt protection than usual. i was thinking maybe a sock for that, but am unsure the console with hard case will fit inside a sock - say this one here http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b6-49-...0-1j7v-4-6.html

any suggestions very welcome thank you
i guess a lot of this helps me mentally to sort it out to
and thanks if you read all this
tongue.gif

oh and on a side note are renchi and play asia very similar in postage?

p.s am reading other threads on accessories to but there's heaps to wade through and not always quite what i'm looking for

edit: fixing link - nup still won't work sorry

locpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the case arrived today, it is flimsy (i actually broke a tab without knowing pretty easily), and it does not close flush. otherwise it's ok.

six58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.feeltheword.net
XP
Country
thanks for letting me know how it is - too bad you broke a tab though
decided to pass on it as it doesn't close flush

i ended up putting an order in to playaisa now and am getting a US Hori clear crystal case. they have two; a japan one and the US one, US one is slightly cheaper but they should be the exact same product i'd imagine.

i'll pop in a small brief of sorts when i get it

cheers

Omoikane1979

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Postage for Play-Asia and Renchi are different, but to be sure you can always make a comparison on which is cheaper. However in my opinion Play-Asia is cheaper as you can choose cheaper shipping options.

As for the Clear Cases I and my brother both own a Capdase Clear Case which fits quite snug on the unit, but leaves a small 1 mm gap because of the rubbery thing on the side. I have used silicon proctection, but I find the DS being quite greasy or something like that after removing the silicon after one year of use. I ordered the Capdase Clear Case at Play-Asia, however shipping is cheaper for the Hori Clear Case.
One last thing the Capdase Clear Case doesn't use any hooks or clips to hold the unit into place whereas the Hori ones do. Other differences are visible when checking out the photos at Play-Asia and Renchi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM