Gaming Accessing the PS store on CFW

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is rly obvious, but I've been searching around for a bit on this including here

I have a PSP2000 that i hacked up to CWF v3.9m33 or somethin like that

its been a while since I used my PSP so I got back to it and just installed 5.0 m33-6 and got the new features like the store on the psp and what not, however I'm unable to access it asking for a FW update, and it seems to be blocked as most sites suggest

I see that theres a bunch of other firmwares and stuff out there besides the m33's but I rly dont have any experience with anything thats not m33, so what would be the best thing to do in my situation? should i go for a different CFW or stick with what i got? can I download PS Store things on my PS3 then transfer em to my PSP (havent tried it yet cause i just got my ps3 a couple days ago)

also if anyone knows how i could use a dualshock controller with my psp while playing games without hard modding that would be kind of amazing lol

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
ChiboSempai said:
Sorry if this is rly obvious, but I've been searching around for a bit on this including here

I have a PSP2000 that i hacked up to CWF v3.9m33 or somethin like that

its been a while since I used my PSP so I got back to it and just installed 5.0 m33-6 and got the new features like the store on the psp and what not, however I'm unable to access it asking for a FW update, and it seems to be blocked as most sites suggest

I see that theres a bunch of other firmwares and stuff out there besides the m33's but I rly dont have any experience with anything thats not m33, so what would be the best thing to do in my situation? should i go for a different CFW or stick with what i got? can I download PS Store things on my PS3 then transfer em to my PSP (havent tried it yet cause i just got my ps3 a couple days ago)

also if anyone knows how i could use a dualshock controller with my psp while playing games without hard modding that would be kind of amazing lol

Nope, only way to access the PSN store is either with a PS3 (personally tested) or MediaGo on 5.50GEN (B2 and D2 both work, and I believe there is a plugin for m33). It is possibly to play some games online using PSNabler (a seperate patch must be made for each game) but that won't help you with the PSN store.

ChiboSempai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 5.50 GEN is a firmware that I can install the exact same way as any of the m33's with a EBOOT file? Is there any downside to using that over 5.00 m33-6? I can switch back to a m33 later for some reason if the need arises right?

And what's MediaGo?

Oh yea, and I know some things are only compatible with PSP-3000 and the one "unhackable" 2000 model, which I don't have. I just don't wanna brick my PSP somehow -_-

But if I can buy it on the PS3 then transfer it, there really isn't much of a problem.

No one knows how I can use a Dualshock 3 controller on a PSP-2000 I take it right? lol

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can access the PSN store on the PSP as long as you don't sign in, though you can't really do anything
tongue.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
ChiboSempai said:
And what's MediaGo?l
MediaGo is a PC application for accessing the PSN Store, much in the same way as you would use the PS3 to do so. Originally you had to use a PS3 to purchase and download stuff to the PSP from the store, but Sony realized that they were screwing themselves out of quite a bit of money by requiring people who wanted to purchase PSN content to buy a PS3 (as not many people were willing to buy a PS3 just to access the store) so they basically ported the PS3's PSN Store over to the PC. Of course Sony eventually added the PSN Store feature into the PSP's firmware, but still kept MediaGo around as the PSP only supports 802.11b and thus would be slow to download large amounts of data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.