Accessing PlayStation store without forced update bug!

MrEl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to quickly alternate between PS plus and PS now, iv gotten it to work in under 30 seconds now. Anything released after or flagged as fw version will be locked. I proved this for myself by getting the matrix demo to work after updating to 4.03 while it didn't work on 4.02. Also did no PS4 game what so ever work after downloading?
Would you mind walk me through how to do this? I've been trying for an hour but still no luck. I went to Game Library (Installed) and tried to launch Ps Plus and PS now. Tried rest mode and also tried to go to account setting to log in but still no luck. Firmware is 4.0.2.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind walk me through how to do this? I've been trying for an hour but still no luck. I went to Game Library (Installed) and tried to launch Ps Plus and PS now. Tried rest mode and also tried to go to account setting to log in but still no luck. Firmware is 4.0.2.
Try updating to 4.0.3.

SDDeals

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this doesnt work anymore.
Yeah, I think they fixed the loophole. Just tried spamming it again and could not get it to trigger. Tried restarting and no dice. At least I was able to get in the first time and activate my PS5 as primary and DL my old PS4 games. Small wins!

Side note, are we able to update games without accessing the store / updating firmware? Ordered a few games coming this week and want to update with day 1 patches, but want to stay on 4.03

Last edited by SDDeals,

shano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I think they fixed the loophole. Just tried spamming it again and could not get it to trigger. Tried restarting and no dice. At least I was able to get in the first time and activate my PS5 as primary and DL my old PS4 games. Small wins!

Side note, are we able to update games without accessing the store / updating firmware? Ordered a few games coming this week and want to update with day 1 patches, but want to stay on 4.03
Yes. Read the thread I made. Just be quick to pause the update, deleting it will just make it come back and restart downloading.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/getting-game-updates-on-old-firmware.607574/

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap. Should've searched for this before formatting my PS5 and restoring a backup. I can't access my old games anymore.

But FYI, restoring a PS5 backup clears the "Other" storage but it will remove the licenses of downloaded games and turn off offline play. My "Other" storage was already around 300GB which was almost half the size of the internal storage and it was driving me insane. But now that this loophole has been closed I can't play my downloaded games anymore.

Last edited by u4ia24,

bebeboy62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone I got this to work again by using advanced settings when setting up when setting up your Network using a port and when you try to login to PSN Plus or NOW you will get a DNS error message, similar as before & also like before restart your PS5 & BAM!! you will be automatically already logged back online. Im using PDAnet on my Android phone for hotspot access, so I guess Im using a proxy address with the port access. But it WORKS for us wanting to stay on 04.03 firmware for that upcoming jailbreak that we all know is coming sooner than later. Peace/!
nelson

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone I got this to work again by using advanced settings when setting up when setting up your Network using a port and when you try to login to PSN Plus or NOW you will get a DNS error message, similar as before & also like before restart your PS5 & BAM!! you will be automatically already logged back online. Im using PDAnet on my Android phone for hotspot access, so I guess Im using a proxy address with the port access. But it WORKS for us wanting to stay on 04.03 firmware for that upcoming jailbreak that we all know is coming sooner than later. Peace/!
nelson
Not that i doubt you, but can you provide any proof?

bebeboy62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing man, I believe these 2 pics here that I post should confirm. Shows my console firmware on 04.03 & the other shows me logged into PSN Plus website showing this months new releases we can download to play from Plus.

bebeboy62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing man, I believe these 2 pics here that I post should confirm. Shows my console firmware on 04.03 & the other shows me logged into PSN Plus website showing this months new releases we can download to play from Plus.

Attachments

• 20220401_154951.jpg
    20220401_154951.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 20220401_154917_HDR.jpg
    20220401_154917_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 64

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats wonderful!

Could you be so kind and write a step by step guide?

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great! Would be interested in knowing how to do this as well. I really need to download a bunch of games and DLCs.

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they on your ps4 and legit?
Couldn't tell if this was a question due to the April Fools comment but no, I don't have a PS4 but yes they are legit PS5 games that I previously bought from PSN before I stopped updating my firmware. They were already installed but I had to reset my PS5 due to my Other files ballooning in size. It was taking up more than half of the PS5's total space. After re-initialising my PS5, I lost access to the legit games so I want to re-download them again.

Reactions: Nakamichi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't tell if this was a question due to the April Fools comment but no, I don't have a PS4 but yes they are legit PS5 games that I previously bought from PSN before I stopped updating my firmware. They were already installed but I had to reset my PS5 due to my Other files ballooning in size. It was taking up more than half of the PS5's total space. After re-initialising my PS5, I lost access to the legit games so I want to re-download them again.
Dunno if it's still possible. I have updating set to automatic, so I've never tried it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol