Accessing PlayStation store without forced update bug!

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@u4ia24 It sucks. I am in the same boat. I have Alan Wake Remastered for PS5 but i cant update to the last update supported on 4.03.
At least its only a temporary issue.
When we get a kernel exploit we will have access to a PKG installer, too and then we can install all our legit PKG games and updates easily.

Just need to be patient a little while longer.

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@u4ia24 It sucks. I am in the same boat. I have Alan Wake Remastered for PS5 but i cant update to the last update supported on 4.03.
At least its only a temporary issue.
When we get a kernel exploit we will have access to a PKG installer, too and then we can install all our legit PKG games and updates easily.

Just need to be patient a little while longer.
Although I am a bit tempted to update if they release the VRR support soon since I have a TV that supports it. I don't think it will be likely that CFWs will release so we can get future updates while staying in 4.03. But we'll see. I wouldn't want to regret not being to jailbreak in the future.

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rad

NO ITS NOT NO F*CKE*N April Fool's Joke!
Dont rain on the Parade Bro/!
So from what I can tell, you were using your phone as a hotspot and the PS5 was connected to your phone? What else were you using on your phone - like any specific proxies, VPN, etc?

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Rad

NO ITS NOT NO F*CKE*N April Fool's Joke!
Dont rain on the Parade Bro/!
Alright, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong here.
I would, in fact, be overjoyed.
Share the steps needed to achieve this, let someone reproduce it and spread the joy.

Arclite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some truth to @bebeboy62 findings. I managed to partially implement this workaround. I couldn't go online on the PSN store, but I was able to copy games and saves from USB storage, which also requires to be logged in to your account for some reason. Here is what I did:
  1. Create a hotspot on your phone and connect PS5 to that network. I didn't use PDANet, just the built-in Android functionality. I believe iOS has the same thing.
  2. Disable Mobile Data on the phone such that there is no internet connection
  3. On PS5 go into Settings - Account - Sign In -> See the "DNS error" pop up
  4. Restart PS5, only restart works, sleep mode doesn't do anything
  5. After restart you should be able to use USB storage
With this method you can update the games on your JB PS4 and copy over to PS5. Same goes for save games. The major caveat is that you need an account that has been online before. This won't work on a local account that hasn't been linked to a PSN Account.

@bebeboy62 it would be great to show how to get the rest of the functionality you have achieved.

As for game updates, Sony is pushing updates that require FW 4.50+. If the latest game update is compatible with 4.03 you should be able to install it. I couldn't test this because I don't have a game like that.

Reactions: godreborn

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is some truth to @bebeboy62 findings. I managed to partially implement this workaround. I couldn't go online on the PSN store, but I was able to copy games and saves from USB storage, which also requires to be logged in to your account for some reason. Here is what I did:
  1. Create a hotspot on your phone and connect PS5 to that network. I didn't use PDANet, just the built-in Android functionality. I believe iOS has the same thing.
  2. Disable Mobile Data on the phone such that there is no internet connection
  3. On PS5 go into Settings - Account - Sign In -> See the "DNS error" pop up
  4. Restart PS5, only restart works, sleep mode doesn't do anything
  5. After restart you should be able to use USB storage
With this method you can update the games on your JB PS4 and copy over to PS5. Same goes for save games. The major caveat is that you need an account that has been online before. This won't work on a local account that hasn't been linked to a PSN Account.

@bebeboy62 it would be great to show how to get the rest of the functionality you have achieved.

As for game updates, Sony is pushing updates that require FW 4.50+. If the latest game update is compatible with 4.03 you should be able to install it. I couldn't test this because I don't have a game like that.
I'm playing around with the built-in Android mobile hotspot as well, with data turned on and off but I still can't replicate logging in to PSN.

For @Arclite, which feature specifically worked for you? Is it just using the USB Extended Storage or something else like Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) > USB Drive?

Arclite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing around with the built-in Android mobile hotspot as well, with data turned on and off but I still can't replicate logging in to PSN.

For @Arclite, which feature specifically worked for you? Is it just using the USB Extended Storage or something else like Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) > USB Drive?
Yes, this one "Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings > Saved Data (PS4) > USB Drive"

Arclite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a video of what I've done.
A few comments on the video:
0:25 - I'm disabling Mobile Data on my phone
1:31 - There is an error that Ghost of Tsushima update can't be installed. Ignore that
1:51 - I'm enabling Mobile Data, and PS5 recovers from the glitch

Attachments

• PS5-glitch.mp4
    9.9 MB

u4ia24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a video of what I've done.
A few comments on the video:
0:25 - I'm disabling Mobile Data on my phone
1:31 - There is an error that Ghost of Tsushima update can't be installed. Ignore that
1:51 - I'm enabling Mobile Data, and PS5 recovers from the glitch
Thanks. Hmm it could be that my PS5 doesn't have my PSN account linked anymore that's why I can't replicate it.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you have to update, had the same issue and did the update.

btw jailbreak for 8.40 and higher will maybe come 2030 :hateit:
what do you expect? theres only a handfull of people whos looking into ps5 jailbreak and those get harrassed all the time

its time for scriptkiddies to get their shit together and to learn some pentesting skills themselfs

everything is out there but people are just to lazy so they wait that someoneelse is doing it for them

it aint the psp days anymore...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse