Misc Access eShop Without Updating?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a N3DS with a low firmware revision, and would like to keep it that way in case future flashcart updates require such firmware. But I need to access the eShop to redownload some titles I had on my old 3DS, which was stolen. The eShop wants me to update the console before it will let me access anything. Is there some way to block it from checking the update, but still be able to download my software?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
no.
if you are on 4.x firmware you can install emmunand and update the emmunand, this way you can access it on a "fake OS"

however, below 9.2 you can downgrade the console to 4.x, then install emmunand, and i think everything can be down WITHOUT a gateway. someone can explain better.

but there is no way to skip the update to access the shop. unless you use emmunand..

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no.
if you are on 4.x firmware you can install emmunand and update the emmunand, this way you can access it on a "fake OS"

however, below 9.2 you can downgrade the console to 4.x, then install emmunand, and i think everything can be down WITHOUT a gateway. someone can explain better.

but there is no way to skip the update to access the shop. unless you use emmunand..
Which I can't do on a N3DS... I may have to just bite the bullet and go legit with this one. At least my old DSTWO will still work...

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Which I can't do on a N3DS... I may have to just bite the bullet and go legit with this one. At least my old DSTWO will still work...

if you have no way to install emmunand neither to downgrade, you should just go legit, or open the console and backup the nand... if you backup the nand you can downgrade it later...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I currently have a N3DS with a low firmware revision, and would like to keep it that way in case future flashcart updates require such firmware. But I need to access the eShop to redownload some titles I had on my old 3DS, which was stolen. The eShop wants me to update the console before it will let me access anything. Is there some way to block it from checking the update, but still be able to download my software?
Wait for GWs update, then you will be able to use emuNAND :)
There's no other option at the moment.

Semi ontopic: Can I update my emunand on my 3ds to the latest version?
Yes, if you have a GW. If you're using the MT-card emuNAND then not really (it works, but only partially)

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I don't have the extra hardware needed to back up the N3DS' nand. Unless I can do it somehow through my DSTWO?
nope.. the only way to access the nand is to open the console, connect some wires (temporary solder them, or leave them), and solder the other part to a SD card adapter...

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to update. Getting my software back was what I wanted more. If I want to get a flashcart I'll just either have to be lucky or get an older 3DS to mod. Thanks for your input everybody.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night