Absolutely Amazing New 3DS Case!!

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by gbatempnoob, Jun 2, 2015.

1. gbatempnoob
    OP

gbatempnoob Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2015
    United States
    I tried to save money on buying a cheap TPU case for my New Nintendo 3DS XL. After lurking on eBay and debating between a hard or a soft TPU case, I decied to go with a soft one. After waiting a month for the case to arrive, I was pretty surprised how well the case fits!

If anyone else is looking for a cheap case, do yourself a favor and either buy the Hori case, or a hardshell plastic case...not the soft TPU.

Lesson learned!

IMG_2857.JPG IMG_2859.JPG IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2861.JPG

2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I'll give you $100 for it.

gbatempnoob and Deboog like this.
  3. blindseer

blindseer Past Generation Gamer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    I'm trying not to laugh here, really. Maybe you could heat it slightly to shrink the plastic? IDk man that just looks painfully cheap.

4. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    Return that.

I bought this one because it kind of reminds me of the custom faceplates we didn't get here in the U.S.

5. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    That's why i never buy a soft case, i buy hard cases from lightinthebox, always cheap and damned good quality, shipping can take up to 3 weeks, but i don't care about that :)

6. Amadren

Amadren SOMEBODY ONCE

Dec 21, 2014
    France
    Paris, France
    I almost died of laughing... Sorry for you bruh... Well... I'll never buy a soft case xD

gbatempnoob likes this.
  7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    tbh i find that cases can sometimes do more harm than good, my sister bought one for her ALBW console and if any bit of dirt manages to get in its trapped in there getting pressed in and rubbed around by the case doing more harm than it would of if it just landed on the console.....poor limited edition console all scratched up because of the very thing that was supposed to protect it :rolleyes:

yuyuyup likes this.
  8. Kayot

Kayot GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2010
    United States
    Adding LightintheBox.com to my list of sites that are all Chinese and sell the same exact items. The other two are DealExtream and LighTake. I guess it's like the original ford. You can have it in any color so long as it's black.

9. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Here's my case:
    [​IMG]

It's transparent skin that you apply on the surfaces of the N3DSXL. It's thin and hardly noticeable where as a hard case will add some bulk. It prevents scratches, which is good enough for me.

Matte version: http://amzn.com/B00QXUWW5W
    Glossy version: http://amzn.com/B00Q5BAIFU

gbatempnoob and gamesquest1 like this.
  10. blindseer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    My six dollar case from best buy, not a shell but it holds a couple games so, trade offs.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    That looks pretty good actually. Is it like screen protectors where you have to apply it without getting a single speck of dust underneath or it will form bubbles?

12. enigma85

enigma85 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2008
    United States
    Wherever A Girl Is That Likes Me
    [​IMG]
    I did the same thing only i put a one piece skin on before the clear protector. Since the US doesn't get the joy of faceplates.

13. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Haha, I could have told you that would happen.
    I've seen soft silicone cases for DS online in the past and people complained of similar results to yours
    Dirt gets in mine too, but as far as I know there's not a single scratch on it. I imagine if sand or similar got in it would be scratched up pretty bad, I don't go to the beach much though and I have better things to do than play 3DS when I do go to the beach :P

14. link6155

link6155 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    You don't have to remove the dust as the skin will form a skin-tight (no pun intended) seal on the 3DS. There won't be air bubbles, but you'll see the dust or particle that got stuck obviously. I wiped down my 3DS and then used a can of air to spray away any dust.

Speaking of cases, you thought that case was ridiculous? Look at this:
    [​IMG]
    It's a case with a built in walky talky.... why on earth would anyone want this?
    Found it here: http://amzn.com/B00MR9U7VY

This... is disturbing:
    [​IMG]

15. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If it doubled as a battery pack and more powerful speaker, then it would have some use at least. But jeez it's so bulky.
    "Chat-Pak's sleek and portable design is easy to attach, easy to use, making Chat-Pak the perfect accessory for your Nintendo 3DS."
    They weren't stingy with the bullshit on this one :rofl2:
    That isn't even a real picture, it's clearly two (or even three) pictures pasted on top of eachother. They couldn't get anyone to hold it while they took a picture because it's so unwieldy that no one could hold it normally. :rofl:

16. blindseer

Jan 17, 2015
    United States
    Earth
    Sort of want, god its terrible but intriguing at the the same time.

17. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah, props to them for coming up with a rather unique idea, and if it was about 5x smaller then it could be a useful product for voicechat while playing online in games that don't have it built in, I'm sure the range is shit in areas with any sort of population though. As it is it just seems like an unfinished prototype.

18. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    what on earth happened to his/her lip.....its half gone

that actually looks really good, i will set aside the laminator while i try hunt down one of those in the uk.....not found any yet though :(

Last edited by gamesquest1, Jun 3, 2015
  19. PolyChrome

PolyChrome Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    Brazil
    A 3DS with a real walkie-talkie glued on its back seems to be more easier to carry than this.

Last edited by PolyChrome, Jun 3, 2015
  20. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    Haha, every time I scroll up to view the pics again I start laughing. They make both soft cases and spread joy, great company whomever they are.