Hacking Absolute NOOB could apreciate help

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The jig is only needed when going from stock->AutoRCM mode. AutoRCM->DisablingAutoRCM or AutoRCM -> Booting stock does not require a jig. If using the Kosmos pack, choose to reboot to Hekate using the Kosmos Toolbox.

"Updating CFW" means using the newest Atmosphere/ReiNX/SXOS. That is performed by updating files on the SD card.

Updating the firmware, or updating Horizon, means updating the operating system that the switch uses after booting up. Updating the firmware to the latest version 9.0.0 can be done with or without AutoRCM. There is no reason not to leave it enabled until you are ready to switch to stock/OFW and ChoiDujourNX (the homebrew that allows for offline upgrades of the firmware) enables it by default. It can be disabled, but there is no reason to not have it always on.
You'll be glad to know (i hope :rofl:) that its up and running and i can install and play games. May i ask a few more questions and i should be good to go:

I bought the Mario Kart 8 Cart and just want to check what the difference and what the safest option may be if any at all. Want to play online multiplayer and have the NNID setup

1 - When i boot Hekate there is an option to boot sysNAND. Can i do this and does it boot into my clean(wish) nand or would it be better to disable AutoRCM and then boot into it that way. I appreciate I will burn fuses but want the online / nintendo ID setup. Again appreciate that there is always a risk.

2 - have setup incognito on the EmuMMC - taking this into account does it change the choice to make

3 - I install .nsp using Goldleaf (just install and play, no other settings touched) should i be doing any cleanup or adjustments after that to help avoid potential detection?

thanks again

Last edited by Mr_P,

risq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1 u should have 3 options booting from hekate after an emummc install: booting emummc, cfw and sysnand. booting sysnand should have the same result as booting the console without hekate/autorcm

2 and 3: just dont go online with emummc, no adjustments have to be made then

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1 u should have 3 options booting from hekate after an emummc install: booting emummc, cfw and sysnand. booting sysnand should have the same result as booting the console without hekate/autorcm

2 and 3: just dont go online with emummc, no adjustments have to be made then
I had 3 before. EmuMMC, sysNAND (stock), and sysNAND cfw. I just edited the ini file to remove that so it couldn't be used and inadvertently be banned even faster than I probably will be :rofl2:

And cool. will give it a try tonight or tomorrow for the setup

coffinbirth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My advice, sorry if it was stated before, is to set up an account BEFORE you launch your 1st exploit. There are multiple games that require a linked account to even boot.

Reactions: snoofly

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My advice, sorry if it was stated before, is to set up an account BEFORE you launch your 1st exploit. There are multiple games that require a linked account to even boot.
Oh well, too late for that :D but ill try and set one up soon. Thanks anyway

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is this homebrew called "Kefir Updater" that can create an account on CFW for games that need it. Note that I have not tested it.

For every-day usage, I would perform some cleanup after running Incognito. Start by removing the kip sysmodule from the SD:/atmosphere/kips/ folder and the removing the related boot entry from the hekate ini file at SD:/bootloader/

Incognito should have also created a file that contains a backup of the prod info at SD:/switch/. While not critical, since Incognito was used on emuMMC only, copy that to wherever the NAND backup is just in case.

Remember to dump your console's BIS keys using Lockpick_RCM if that has not been done already. Again, not critical since Atmosphere creates a backup at SD:/Atmosphere/automatic_backups, but it is nice to have.

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is this homebrew called "Kefir Updater" that can create an account on CFW for games that need it. Note that I have not tested it.

For every-day usage, I would perform some cleanup after running Incognito. Start by removing the kip sysmodule from the SD:/atmosphere/kips/ folder and the removing the related boot entry from the hekate ini file at SD:/bootloader/

Incognito should have also created a file that contains a backup of the prod info at SD:/switch/. While not critical, since Incognito was used on emuMMC only, copy that to wherever the NAND backup is just in case.

Remember to dump your console's BIS keys using Lockpick_RCM if that has not been done already. Again, not critical since Atmosphere creates a backup at SD:/Atmosphere/automatic_backups, but it is nice to have.
Thanks. did that mostly except for the boot entry. Looking now to start the mario kart 8 cart i bought but was concerned about using the sysnand option from hekate, incognito blocking my ability to setup online access and now all the .nsps I've installed on CFW showing up over at the sysnand. Not sure if trying to get another 2nd hand one would be a choice, although lets face it unless something comes out that will allow online play and block detection then the modded switch is almost as good as banned anyway :rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again