About to ourchase an R4 - Questions

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by gimpymoo, Mar 26, 2007.

Mar 26, 2007
  1. gimpymoo
    OP

Newcomer gimpymoo Member

The GBAtemp review mentions the following issues which are concerns for myself:

LIMITED HOMEBREW SUPPORT
    NO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY COMPATIBILITY

Anyone owning one of these confirm if this is still the case?

Still any issues with the Opera Browser when running in Supercard Patched mode?

Also, what are the differences with this and the M3 Simply, can you use the M3 Simply firmware with these?

Many Thanks for any replies.

2. six-five-two

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have a M3 Simply, but the difference are basically none. The only difference is some wire thingy in the R4 you can solder so the R4 can accept the M3 Simply's firmware. The R4 and M3 Simply are both made from the same factory.

LIMITED HOMEBREW SUPPORT:
    I am able to run all my homebrew (DS Organize... that's about it, Don't forget to DLDI patch the DS Organize.nds file..). However, I am having troubles with Beup. Could just be my wireless router though. So no problems (except possible problems with Beup) with the limited homebrew support thing.

NO DOWNLOAD PLAY COMPATIBILITY
    Sadly enough, this is kind of true. I can't seem to get a Metroid Prime Hunters download play game to work, but I don't even know how to play the game, my friends requested it. I also tried playing "Asphalt Urban GT 2".. its a good game. Anyways, AUGT2 was running REALLY slow playing download play with my friends. Their games ran at normal speed.

Hope this helps.

Or.. you can wait for the M3/G6 Real that is rumored to be released in 2 days.

3. Swordmyth

Banned Swordmyth Banned

United States
    They released a patched verison for M3 and R4 and its working fine for my R4.

4. six-five-two

Member six-five-two GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah I tried I think it is 0.3d or something. Gets stuck on the IP page. DLDI patched aswell.

5. Swordmyth

Banned Swordmyth Banned

United States
    The 0.3d version does not need to be patched its already patch just download and run it.

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you might as well say LIMITED HOMEBREW GAME SUPPORT as that is the only problem, but recently that has been improving with more games using the DLDI patch which is good.