Gaming about to install Vista

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my brother had 2.5 ghz amd athlon 64 bit 1.5 gig sd ram and i installed vista on his computer fine. ran and loaded faster than xp sp3. had one problem with one of the drivers because he had a yamaha pci sound card, but once i removed that everything worked find. if you vlite your vista to remove all of the crap you dont need and streamlined it with sp1 you should be good to go.

honestly you will find that vista lite better than xp.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
delta123 said:
my brother had 2.5 ghz amd athlon 64 bit 1.5 gig sd ram and i installed vista on his computer fine. ran and loaded faster than xp sp3. had one problem with one of the drivers because he had a yamaha pci sound card, but once i removed that everything worked find. if you vlite your vista to remove all of the crap you dont need and streamlined it with sp1 you should be good to go.

honestly you will find that vista lite better than xp.

well, I crash when I intergrate SP1 so I'll install it when i install it.

well, doing one final test, making sure my reg runs and integrates correctly. so far so good.

think my hardware will be better for x86 than x64?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not do a partition install first? That way you'll see if you can actually install the gutted image and to see if you like it.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AshuraZro said:
Why not just test it in a virtual machine?

Virtual machines emulate a real machine meaning you are not testing your native system, that doesn't give any real indication on how it'll run on the real system.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I've virtually tested this at least 10 times (testing pre activation script and others)

I'm back though, and leaving again........ forgot to burn it!
facepalm.jpg

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you have to integarte sp1 before you modify vlite vista. otherwise it wont work. and you have to integrate it one one by one.

how did you manage to pre activate vista? if you use that time stopper patch, it doesn't work too well. use vista loader. and activate it after installation.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
delta123 said:
you have to integarte sp1 before you modify vlite vista. otherwise it wont work. and you have to integrate it one one by one.

how did you manage to pre activate vista? if you use that time stopper patch, it doesn't work too well. use vista loader. and activate it after installation.

I'm not gonna tell you how I pre activated vista, (took forever for the idea to come to me)

SOOOOOOOOO, Vista. fun.
dry.gif

working great, much faster than XP in most places. I update (not sure if it was SP1 but there were 67 updates installed) then my keyboard and mouse don't work! re-re-re-reinstalling!
mad.gif

To Do list:
re-re-reinstall vista ultimate
update
THEN install everything
if fail, install XP and/or Linux and break vista DVD

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
My USB devices stop working. seems like a popular problem. KB938371 is the update said to cause this... though, I can't seem to find it in the update center... /me crosses fingers

delta123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thats why you need to intergrate sp1 on the full image before taking out the stuff you dont need. i had problems with loosing dvd drives and not being able to rename folders etc. but ever since intergrating sp1 into the vista dvd i have not had those problems in a long time. ever since sp1.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
didnt integrate SP1 and I'm fine. all updated and everything, pre activated, all my drivers and my keyboard and external HDs and my mouse work. only problem is tinker is stupid.
laugh.gif

time to distribute!!

AeroHex

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
didnt integrate SP1 and I'm fine. all updated and everything, pre activated, all my drivers and my keyboard and external HDs and my mouse work. only problem is tinker is stupid.
laugh.gif

time to distribute!!

GIVE ME THAT CRACK YOUR USING!!

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
TRASHED POST
...someone misses the TA...

so, intergrating SP1 to be safe, but I gotta start from scatch!
mad.gif

I'll just intergrate tweaks and take out other things (modded install text, wallpapers, things like that)

update: looks like SP1 dramatically increases image size so I'm dropping Home premium support!
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill