Hacking About to hack my 3.73 2000, can I use an SD2Vita to store games I have on PSN?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OK re-formated the card, waiting on that.

Tried installing enso, thought I couldn't the first time due to base firmware on vita or something, it certainly failed when trying to install it off the site, but now when I use the repo version 1.1 it's saying it's failing to load the kernel?

Sorry @256BitLink ,did you manage to install Hencore on the PS Vita?
If you are successful,install modoru 2.1 and downgrade from the app.
I still don't understand if you want to downgrade or not!:unsure:

256BitLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Enso isn't allowing the install. It's telling me it's failing to load some kernel. Managed to get as far as downgrading to 3.65 though, seems like. I'm entering Henkaku after reboot first and everything, still getting that kernel loading error.

But my settings definitely say 3.65 (then the Kanji characters). Maybe I need to turn off version spoofing or am tripping up somewhere else?

Last edited by 256BitLink,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Enso isn't allowing the install. It's telling me it's failing to load some kernel. Managed to get as far as downgrading to 3.65 though, seems like. I'm entering Henkaku after reboot first and everything, still getting that kernel loading error.

But my settings definitely say 3.65 (then the Kanji characters). Maybe I need to turn off version spoofing or am tripping up somewhere else?

Sorry @256BitLink ,are you able to upload a screenshot of the error or your settings?
So i can help you better,another thing:did you install modoru 2.1?

256BitLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yep it's 2.1, Modoru works ok, it's just enso putting up resistence. The Enso warning is

Failed to load kernel module: 0x8002d003

There's a few people that have had that problem, according to google, but I'm not finding an easy fix. Could it be that my Vita's base firmware is too high for Enso and I have to just live with H-encore2? Or is that no longer a problem?

At this point should I maybe format to factory and restart the entire process? A factory reset brings me back to vanilla ofw, right?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep it's 2.1, Modoru works ok, it's just enso putting up resistence. The Enso warning is

Failed to load kernel module: 0x8002d003

There's a few people that have had that problem, according to google, but I'm not finding an easy fix. Could it be that my Vita's base firmware is too high for Enso and I have to just live with H-encore2? Or is that no longer a problem?

At this point should I maybe format to factory and restart the entire process? A factory reset brings me back to vanilla ofw, right?

@256BitLink ,try to follow this guide,i don't know if it's the same procedure you do!

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That guide suggests I should have a ux0:/tai folder, which I don't, and a ur0 folder, which I don't. :(

Sorry @256BitLink ,how is it possible that in your PS Vita you don't have the ur0/tai folder,you don't have vitashell installed and you don't even have autoplugin II and any plugins i suppose!
That guide suggests I should have a ux0:/tai folder, which I don't, and a ur0 folder, which I don't. :(

Sorry @256BitLink ,how is it possible that in your PS Vita you don't have the ur0 folder,you don't have vitashell installed and you don't even have autoplugin II and any plugins i suppose!

Last edited by NeoGranzon,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Load vitashell's main screen, take picture and upload it here.
I also wrote him to upload a screenshot(like these)so that I can help him better!
32cc28b810e0d58ee76d6c1e84ebcfa0.jpg
3f1dff884056aaf7049df12715037813.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: HollowGrams

256BitLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Sorry @256BitLink ,how is it possible that in your PS Vita you don't have the ur0/tai folder,you don't have vitashell installed and you don't even have autoplugin II and any plugins i suppose!

Ah shit must have been late when I posted, ok I do have ur0, and a tai inside, but definitely no tai folder in ux0.

I also wrote him to upload a screenshot(like these)so that I can help him better!

I provided you with the error code instead because the text is too small in Enso, my phone camera wouldn't focus on it.

I'm thinking a factory reset and fresh start is probably wisest at this point. I got Henkaku on easily enough, but SD2VITA threw a spanner in the works. Maybe because when following youtube guides, I set the SD card allocation size to default instead of 64KB, due to poor quality guides that didn't consider people with cards bigger than 128GB :(

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah shit must have been late when I posted, ok I do have ur0, and a tai inside, but definitely no tai folder in ux0.

I provided you with the error code instead because the text is too small in Enso, my phone camera wouldn't focus on it.

I'm thinking a factory reset and fresh start is probably wisest at this point. I got Henkaku on easily enough, but SD2VITA threw a spanner in the works. Maybe because when following youtube guides, I set the SD card allocation size to default instead of 64KB, due to poor quality guides that didn't consider people with cards bigger than 128GB :(
The LOL of another following outdated/misinformation/leaving out information YT guides

256BitLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The LOL of another following outdated/misinformation/leaving out information YT guides

Is your 'brand' being the unhelpful guy around here, who says the obvious things everyone already knows? ;)

I followed the always updated vita hack guide. I'm familiar with that platform from hacking my n3ds.

But to my knowledge there isn't an equivalent guide for the SD2VITA piece of the process, which is where things went pear shaped. I of course tried to do the job by researching myself, to avoid having to start a thread asking for a handhold. I believe that's the kosher thing to do generally...

Reactions: susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is your Enso install working fine at this point?

Setting up the SD2VITA is a bit tricky. ;)
Be aware, sometimes you get a message that it needs to be formatted and in case you click yes, the $ony memory card gets a format instead, this mess things up^^

Belickade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is your 'brand' being the unhelpful guy around here, who says the obvious things everyone already knows? ;)

I followed the always updated vita hack guide. I'm familiar with that platform from hacking my n3ds.

But to my knowledge there isn't an equivalent guide for the SD2VITA piece of the process, which is where things went pear shaped. I of course tried to do the job by researching myself, to avoid having to start a thread asking for a handhold. I believe that's the kosher thing to do generally...

The very same guide has an SD2Vita section: https://vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr

256BitLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Is your Enso install working fine at this point?

Factory reinstalled, went much smoother this time. On 3.65 enso now. The guide says that if I'm on 3.60 enso it's safe to delete the H-encore app, when all is done and dusted, should I be keeping it at 3.65? Sounds like it's just an oversight in the guide/

Setting up the SD2VITA is a bit tricky. ;)
Be aware, sometimes you get a message that it needs to be formatted and in case you click yes, the $ony memory card gets a format instead, this mess things up^^

Yikes will look out for that, thanks.

The very same guide has an SD2Vita section: https://vita.hacks.guide/storagemgr

Thanks. Wish they'd add an /SD2VITA to the name so it jumped out at me the first time.

Question. Should I be installing apps like Adrenaline etc on the internal memory before setting up SD2Vita, or can I install those apps to the bigger memory card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest using yamt or yamt lite if you only want mass storage and ux0. that's what I use. I've never used storage manager, but it's supposed to be faster since it's a part of boot_plugins.txt (not to be confused with config.txt).

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Factory reinstalled, went much smoother this time. On 3.65 enso now. The guide says that if I'm on 3.60 enso it's safe to delete the H-encore app, when all is done and dusted, should I be keeping it at 3.65? Sounds like it's just an oversight in the guide/

Yikes will look out for that, thanks.

Thanks. Wish they'd add an /SD2VITA to the name so it jumped out at me the first time.

Question. Should I be installing apps like Adrenaline etc on the internal memory before setting up SD2Vita, or can I install those apps to the bigger memory card?

@256BitLink ,before configure SD2Vita and after any apps it will automatically install on the largest memory,see one of my screenshots in previous posts!

256BitLink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I think we're there boys, thanks to everyone who helped. The homebrew browser is being lame as always but just so ready to play some games finally. Next step, getting the courage to boot up PSN store with my main account where all my games are, whether it's safe to do so or not :P Knowing my luck Sony will start sweeping for the first time in an hour or something lol...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-