1. saiyan234

OP saiyan234 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys, I spent over a month trying to find the right Switch and serial no but no luck. Sure, I could have went online but I'd rather deal with a local seller so I can test the system and all that. I went on Craigslist and I found a seller that has one that has Trinket m0 installed and is also able to dual boot and has Atmosphere installed. I met him to inspect the unit and it's legit. He has all the usual backups and emulation/homebrew installed but it's all on a 128gb SD card. My question is, from the info I provided, is it possible for me to upgrade the SD card to maybe a 512gb and simply reinstall the mod. He claims I'll need him to install the mod itself but I have doubts. I'm no dummy, I'm no stranger to hacking my devices. iphones, consoles, portables etc so I can follow directions and all that. I just need to know if it's possible to swap SD cards, whether I have to rebuild the contents of the 128 SD card onto the 512 or if it's a simple (doubt it) copy/paste job. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It should just be a simple copy-paste. Sounds like he just wants to squeeze a bit more money out of you, assuming he charges for it.

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  3. saiyan234

OP saiyan234 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the reply. I wondered that, myself.
    Normally, I'd want to do my own modding but it's harder than I thought getting my hands on the right Switch around here. I just decided to do it this way. Maybe I'll take the time learn about the mod and workings as I mess around with it during the SD upgrade.

4. Philipp_94

Philipp_94 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    If it runs an emunand it's quite a bit more than just copy/paste all stuff. You would've to copy the emunand partition over to your new micro SD and then copy/paste everything from it. You could also just setup the bigger micro SD as a new one with fresh emunand and reinstall everything. Depends on your convenience.

5. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @saiyan234

How much did you pay all together for the switch with the hardmod. I know in my area people sell them between $300+ for just softmod with atmosphere (they even sell it with the games Installed) so I imagine the hardmod costed more

6. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i recommend fat32 for homebrew and the 512 should technically use a different cluster size....

7. Undwiz

Undwiz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ive got one thats modded , never ban. it has a broken screen but works fine on the dock for $120 .. dock and jou cons are included. I live in NC. 64GB SD

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - premodded, Switch,