Hacking about the R4i flashcards!?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
oh crap.. so 3DS FW downgrade impossible yah? flashcard has becom useless i guess. hmm what if the update for 5.1 came ?can i just install it on the 5.1 3DS that i have now !?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So far there is no unofficial way to do anything with the 3DS firmware, so unfortunately no downgrades.
And you can't upgrade a flashcard on a 3DS that has firmware on it that blocks the flashcard. Always wait with a firmware update until you updated your flashcard (if the update actually blocks flashcards), or keep another unupdated device (DS/DSi/3DS) around.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
here look this is what i got..
20130524125607.jpg

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Well guys i think the card i own now only works on 3DS 4.5FW mmh and i guess i cant update it on my 5.1 FW 3DS now.. and i dont have the DS lite etc. Flashcards are a pain in the neck

vxuvuxv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue as well, I have the R4i Gold 3DS model from r4ids.cn however, I have already downloaded the newest patch from nintendo onto my 3DS XL. I do have a DS lite though, and the R4 works on that flawlessly. I downloaded the patches stated on the website for my cart, however there are a bunch of patchs that I don't know of which I need, though anyone of them running on the DS Lite shows "Fail" when I try to update them. Both the DS lite and 3DS XL show the cart picture "spongebob game" but on the 3DS states an error has occurred when ran. On the DS lite it runs fine. I've downloaded the newest wood kernel already and reformatted my SD card as well and no-go on the update I'm trying to do to make it work on my 3DS XL. Any suggestions?

vxuvuxv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, upon further inspection of their site, it seems I have a version "6" R4i Gold, meaning it's quite old, however even so there are no patch updates going that far that I can see.... the Version "6" I have has one of the following patches I've tried to update, however it still states "failed" so I don't know if that even matters at this point of my issue, however that patch states DSi/XL so I'm thinking I can't update using my DS lite... or am I wrong? meaning patches don't require a specific DS version as long as it hasn't been updated to current Nintendo updates, or even a DS lite which can't be updated to begin with...

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
This is why my 3DSXL has never been online! Still holding on for the day haha...

so is the best card still supposed to be the R4i linked on the last page? Cause that dual core one looks nice, any real advantages?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.