About the Gateway brick

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by krzz, Jan 26, 2014.

1. krzz
    OP

krzz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    France
    Hey guys, sorry if it has already been posted before but that was just a little question I was asking to myself:

If some guys have found the famous "bricking code" in the Gateway 3DS launcher, why do they not create the same launcher but without the bricking code?

Clones team are doing the same thing: they are stealing the Gateway Team work then they are changing 1 or 2 things and use it on their clones. So why nobody is "stealing" the Gateway Team launcher, delete the bricking code then share it with everybody?

Thanks!

2. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Because they don't have a completely decrypted Gateway launcher. Supposedly there are lots of checks and lots of different instances of the bricking code based on each of those checks, so it would take quite a while to simply find all of it, let alone re-code all of it to work without that stuff included.

That's more work than R4i or any of the clone teams has done throughout the entirety of the 3DS' lifespan.

Yessy likes this.
  3. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    If it was that simple, don't you think someone would've done that already? :rolleyes:

4. krzz
    OP

krzz GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2009
    France
    Well... I think that if everything was simple, the Gateway Team would admit all of these bricks and would have already released a fixed launcher with no bricking code. That's why I was asking this. I really hope that somebody will do something for that. Since the first post I have seen on the internet about bricking a 3DS with a legit Gateway, I didn't used my Nintendo 3DS. And that's kinda sad, I would like to play some games, sometimes :(

5. profi200

profi200 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Don't forget the fact, we don't support piracy and we don't do the work for clone makers.

6. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    really, release a launcher with alleged brick code removed, then it's back to business as usual for the clones?