1. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    See, my reaction possibilities list includes all kinds of options, from threatening only, to 'do nothing about it'. Not: rioting > therefore killing.

Just think about other countries, where far fewer people own guns in general. How do you think they get over riots, when they happen?

The answer there, as indicated before, is to have police moving crowds out of zones where looting happened after it happened, to other parts of towns, where looting is less of a possibility. And then the community paying for store owners to get up on their feet again (probably not getting all of the damage reimbursed, but enough, so they dont have to think about 'killing someone').

I'm clinking out of the logic game, that always asks "but who has done something wrong first", and ends with one person dead.

Last edited by notimp, Jun 6, 2020
  2. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    But we don't live in other countries. We have guns here. Your solution won't work in a place with guns during this riot.

3. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Thats why I said I understand it on the personal level, but dont think it should be a blueprint for store owners, or governments to work with ("arm store owners").

4. SG854

Comoros
    MLK didn't even believe in rioting. He believed in a peaceful approach. He saw that riots will happen when voices are unheard, understands why they happen, but didn't believe in it.

Last edited by SG854, Jun 6, 2020
  5. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

the thread has been renamed because, well, it is now a discussion about the riots

Subtle Demise likes this.
  6. SG854

Comoros
    Wasn't that what this thread was about from the beginning?

7. Costello

Costello Headmaster
    Administrator

the thread title was, "why isnt there a thread about the riots" or something

8. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Want some free bricks? An old police car? ;)

9. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    I must say the mayor of Minneapolis deserves an Oskar.

BTW the transcript of the police call has been published. It seems the person Floyd fooled with the 20 Dollars was also an African-American. The person offered to reverse the transaction but called the police when he declined.

10. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld on the nature of looting:

Its fine... ;) It's what free people do... ;)

src: https://www.upi.com/Defense-News/20...ting-is-transition-to-freedom/63821050097983/

via fefe

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh, look, here is a simple thing it turns out that can be done!

Ban the police from using chokeholds.

Minneapolis leaders vote in favor of police reforms; ban choke holds
    https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/202...e-reforms-ban-choke-holds/6301591359171/?ls=1

I mean, this one is really complicated. Who could have thought of such a thing?!

Those simple solutions in the US really have to be brought out by having days of riots and protest in streets, because otherwise, its so difficult to think of potential concessions and things to do to better the situation of police killing citizens...

We had a guy in here that tried to argue for, this statistically is a non issue, so nothing much can be done about it really, right? Turns out, US hasnt done the simplest of things. (Since the last three times it happened.) Like reform police training, and make it illegal to kneel on a suspects throat.

Thats your model democracy right then and there. Your shining image of what it brings to the world.

11. cj49play

cj49play Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Well if you people haven't heard yet but a black retired cop was killed by looters after he went to check on a shop he has been checking on for the owners when the alarm went off routinely. He was shot when he tried to stop the looters from stealing.

12. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Don't worry, Rumsfeld says that looting is just an expression of societies becoming more free.

People died during the riots in bagdad as well, you know...

We are just following standards here... (According to the highest US leadership.) Its normal, that they do nothing. Even if amnesty international intervenes, they'll still do nothing.

13. cj49play

cj49play Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah but a lot of people are claiming the riots are for "black lives matter"

14. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Yeah, but the US governments response will still be nothing. (Currently they are only posturing 'being tough on protesters' for bragging rights.)

They need the riots to continue until election time in november.

What do we have now? June? Could be tough.

15. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    The riots are crazy and stupid. They think they are going to resolve it. Absolutely not. Look in the past. Same things and now into 2000's and never resolve at all. Sad, really sad because human are the corruption. Hatred exists and love doesn't exists anymore. It is slow fade in the future.

Therefore, I dont watched them on tv.. TOO DRAMA and PROBLEM. I dont need that! I ignored them and skip the news. REALLY TIRED! NO PEACE. STUPID PEOPLE! Really disappointed!

KarlslandOtaku likes this.
  16. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Ok, I'll stopp the trolling for a moment. :)

Long term mass protests (which always lead to riots (its baked into crowd behavior)) arent stupid. They are one of the basics in democracy. (Rule of the many, not just a well spoken elite.) Even if you cant change democratic systems (because they are still better than f.e. anarchy), they do help, because they can give them a slight reorientation.

If all systems like in the US are full on 'we have figured it out, dont say a thing' and if the right is hell bent on bringing in more concepts of fashism ("start buying into the nation as a model to solve all your problems", and we give you a little more money - was basically the platform republicans ran on last time) into the fold, protests are an expected reaction, if then - another recession hits.

Now the question still is, can you convince enough old people, that pushing down millennial interests is still what benefits them most. (Because only they matter numbers wise (in elections).)

Roughly.. ;)

17. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    Actually, yes they are stupid.. They dont know how to protest in peace but riots ?! And looting ? They are the cowardly. They use protest to riots and looting as an excuse. It is not called peace and it is not negotiation at all. Look in the past ? And today is the same and never improvement at all. They are the jerks and a cowards!

You think election is going to resolve anything ? They are the corrupt and always will be. Peace ? Improvement ? A little bit and not so much. That's why I DONT VOTE them and none!

18. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Listen to Rumsfeld, riots are only an expression of people freeing themselves... ;) Ok, I'm trolling again..;)

Riots are what happens when masses of people get together expressing discontent. It has to do with them feeling powerfull in masses, and wanting to grow (not be restricted).

Rumsfeld knows that - now you do.. ;)

If that is good or bad - doesnt matter, thats contexture. It just is. (It just is something hat happens during mass events, where anger gets vented.)

Now, you can deal with it better (moving rioters into areas where they can do less damage, ...), but when I read, that in some areas in Minneapolies people have been seen looding the same areas for four consequitive days - they dont seem to do that stuff. Although they publically posture, that they are for a hard clampdown. At the same time free bricks and abandoned old police cars are starting to appear in the middle of streets.

At the same time the CIA is seen in strange almost unmarked police vehicles operating inside countries in those areas. (Now ultimately its hard to say for certain who fallows what agenda at the moment, just that lines are pretty blurry, and not at all as easy to understand as 'rioting is the bad people').

Even if bad, at the same time its used as an excuse to move against peacefull protests with more force, even if bad it seems to be fostered by some unknown forces doing some pretty shady stuff...

Just educate the public on whats happening. Dont put them to sleep with easy messaging of 'rioting is evil'.

19. azoreseuropa

Portugal
    Please dont explain to me. I already know what Riots are. LMAO. ;)

Those people are not what you talked about. They are using it as an excuse for looting and violence. They are JUST jerks and they are not peacemakers and not getting together expressing discontent at all. It is not called powerful. Those people are the WORSE creatures ever on Earth who do not know how to make in peace at all.

THE WORLD TODAY will NEVER be good in the future. NEVER! It will ONLY getting WORSE and WORSE. Keep your eyes on it and you watch. The sign is already there. THE FUTURE IS NOT GETTING BETTER. NONE!

KarlslandOtaku likes this.
  20. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Hey I never said that it was good. Just listen to Rumsfeld, he likes it. He thinks its just societies becoming more free.

Sorry for explaining stuff to you. Back to trolling. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - current, riots,