Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello world!

I mostly (actually... Always) play with my switch while laying on my bed, the console in handheld mode sitting on my chest
And you know that too right?
The plug for the power cable is at the worst place possible, which is under the console (seriously, why not above? It would make so much more sense with the little stand to make the console stand on your desk or whatever and play with joycon detached...)
So, when i have an urge to play but my switch is low on battery, i play with it while it's plugged

The problem with this way of playing is that i twist the power cable right below the plug, where is it sitting on my chest.
So, after few weeks of playing like that, all the wires inside the cable are exposed and easily break.

So here i am, i'd like to know if anyone is aware of a NON-nintendo switch cable that would actually work just LIKE a nintendo switch cable.
When i go on amazon, walmart and such, the lowest i can pay for those is around 25 CAD +txs
I'd like to know if there are such cable but cheaper, maybe not branded for nintendo switch, but with all the same specs that would make it fit for the switch.

If anyone know such product, can you please let me know?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your charger is exposed it probably good idea to get a new oem charger, you could get a 90 degree cable but I doubt that would solve your problem.

Reactions: impeeza

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your charger is exposed it probably good idea to get a new oem charger, you could get a 90 degree cable but I doubt that would solve your problem.
ok nvm, just checked OEM charger, and even them look as expansive as the switch charger
I mean... chip shortage, inflation and all these shit are bitches
Not that long ago, a charger cable was like 5$ and the wall adapter be like another 5$
Now... it's around 20-25$ for both...
Seems like ALL kind of chargers prices went up...
Thanks anyway, I think I'll have to deal with it :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
https://www.amazon.ca/Poyiccot-Degree-Type-C-Female-Charging/dp/B07YZ4CSFH/ref=sr_1_35?keywords=90+degree+usb+c&qid=1649192899&sprefix=90+de,aps,72&sr=8-35&th=1

Perhaps this would atleast solve your problem of twisting the power cable

https://www.amazon.ca/Degree-Adapter-AFUNTA-Downward-Extension/dp/B078YRKTKM/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=90+degree+usb+c&qid=1649193051&sprefix=90+de,aps,72&sr=8-5&th=1

alternatively you can consider these if you need it certain angle.

I mean best would be if you get a newer unit like the oled if you switch battery life is long enough for you.
huhuhu, well these things do seem interesting
thanks I'll have a look :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s