Hardware About selling Modded Console

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I gather, it's the same as emulation.
Creating and distributing an emulator means nothing, but it's distributing/receiving backed up games that you didn't rip from your own games.

So selling/buying a modded console is fine, but "stealing" content you didn't pay for is "bad".

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I gather, it's the same as emulation.
Creating and distributing an emulator means nothing, but it's distributing/receiving backed up games that you didn't rip from your own games.

So selling/buying a modded console is fine, but "stealing" content you didn't pay for is "bad".

Okay, that is what I thought.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I know selling jailbroken console with backup would get you in trouble, not 100% about if it was only Jailbroken as Im not including any games backup.
I've found it to be a mixed bag myself. I sold a SNES Classic loaded with games just fine, but a modded PSP and 3DS with nothing included got flagged. I've found calling them "Region Free" allows them to go under the radar.

Hayato213

( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found it to be a mixed bag myself. I sold a SNES Classic loaded with games just fine, but a modded PSP and 3DS with nothing included got flagged. I've found calling them "Region Free" allows them to go under the radar.

I sold few 3ds that was soft modded got flagged on ebay, never got in trouble for it, Just that I don't want to deal with Sony, since I am selling a PSTV and a HDD with it spice up the price a bit, and all the nonpdrm game are like decrypted, so people can just drag and drop and put it on a storage device.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I sold few 3ds that was soft modded got flagged on ebay, never got in trouble for it, Just that I don't want to deal with Sony, since I am selling a PSTV and a HDD with it spice up the price a bit, and all the nonpdrm game are like decrypted, so people can just drag and drop and put it on a storage device.
You're not dealing with any one game company directly, usually it's eBay bots looking for keywords and then someone at eBay gives the system the O-K to kill your listing. Citing some vague perpetual agreement they have with Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo etc. to protect their intellectual property. They never actually talk to the company they think you're trying to rip off.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: Aw shit Mahomes just went down