Hardware About Nintendo repairs

dubb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about sending my bricked Wii to Nintendo for repair and had a few questions about it:

1) I think I messed up the nand (by accidentally deleting system menu and now I just get black screen with savemiifrii not working). I read somewhere that it would be impossible for Nintendo to find out what I had on the Wii because of this, is it true?

2) I also recently read that if Nintendo discovers any sort of homebrew, they will penalize by increasing the fee for repair (http://nintendo-scene.com/1558). Is this just a hoax?

3) About how long will repairs take?

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent mine back about a month ago, had a fried GPU, and I just deleted the HBC off.....just so you couldnt see it and they fixed mine for free and it was a month out of warranty. I can say that Ive dealt with many customer service reps over the years and I will rank the nintendo service as the best I have come across......possible ever.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
afnuke, where are you from?

I just got off the phone with them. They denied any issue about fried graphics card and I will have to pay for the repair and their freight cost!!

My brother even got sent a parcel to put it in from Nintendo and they refused they did that as well for me.

Nintendo Australia are the worst!! Freight cost $35 + Repair (Apparently graphics card is about $80) = You could almost shed out a few more $ to buy a new Wii.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USA Yeah, either I got really lucky or the us customer service is better. Dont know, just glad they did it for me. And dont let them fool you, way to many people have had fried GPU's. We only had about 100 hours of play on my old one and there was no real reason for it to burn up, but it did.
I know there's a lot more PAL games out there and maybe they are harder on people in your area. Maybe the rep was having a bad day. sorry to hear you couldnt get them to do it....good luck if you get another one.

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks!!

I would imagine the USA customer service is A LOT better. I haven't been able to read much on Australia's customer service, but they act as if I am the only person in the world with the issue.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back, someone I know had their Wii brick from a upgrade to 4.2. He sent it in for repair with the homebrew channel still installed. He got it back later working fine, but the homebrew channel was uninstalled.
laugh.gif

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol, i sent mine 4 days ago, i just moved channels to SD card and hid preloader... i'll see what happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs