Hardware About hardmod welding CLK welding problemby

lesliexue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CLK: All four welding points Is this okay?
1-png.44981

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all 4 of those solder points are connected by a circuit path, as it appears to be the case in the picture, then soldering to any of the 4 should work fine, but it's probably suggested to use the one closest to the CLK signal circuit, as the pic shows. If there's any components already soldered to those solder points, like micro resistors or micro capacitors, then you should use the point shown in the pic to reduce signal interference.

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the alternate CLK point on the other side of the board is a test point which is much bigger and easier to solder to, if you want to try that one, lesliexue.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm fairly sure that all 4 points can't be soldered together. Correct me if I'm wrong @milerwan
Sorry but you can solder the 4 points together for a stronger solder... or 2 points together, everything depends on how the hanging tin is because it is sometimes capricious. :)
I do 2 ways.

dg_dex

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry but you can solder the 4 points together for a stronger solder... or 2 points together, everything depends on how the hanging tin is because it is sometimes capricious. :)
I do 2 ways.

God damn it lol. You told me a few weeks back that all 4 couldn't be soldered together. Ah well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill