Hacking Question About emuNand SX OS

jajamundo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I know that this emunand install on the Nand and not on the SD card. I know you can get ban because of this (Not prove of this). I know all the telemetry and all the stuffs

I dont care about all those answers, because I gonna do this anyway. So please I just want answers. Thanks :)

Ok here is

I have two nintendo switch. One for all my online gaming with all my retail games and legit eshop purchases. And the second one for my SX OS games. My second console NEVER goes online and always is on airplane mode (Don't care about been banned, because it never touch the internet).

Mine second switch is on 6.0.0 with fuses count of 5 (it means 4.1.0 firmware). I do have a full clean backup of my nand and the boot0 and boot1.bin respectly of that firmware.

If I want to downgrade my console to be on 4.1.0 just need to restore the nand? Is that easy? How can I check if my Nand backup is ok?

After that, I'm gonna install emuNand and move all my SX OS games to emuNand and have a my SysNand free of everything. Can I update just my emuNand using ChoiDijourNX to 6.0.0 and stay with sysnand in 4.1.0?

Hope you can help me with this, before I do something stupid

Or the best way is stay on 6.0.0 and make the emunand

Thanks

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You say your second switch is on 6.00,then you say your fuses count is 5.. I supposed you already updated with choidujourNx? If you made so, I suggest to downgrade back to 4.10, create emunand. Boot your emunand and update (choidujourNx) that on 6.00, your sysnand won't be affected and you can dual boot with different firmware.

JERKBALL

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You say your second switch is on 6.00,then you say your fuses count is 5.. I supposed you already updated with choidujourNx? If you made so, I suggest to downgrade back to 4.10, create emunand. Boot your emunand and update (choidujourNx) that on 6.00, your sysnand won't be affected and you can dual boot with different firmware.

My Switch with 4.0.1 in NAND and 6.0 in EmuNAND is totally unstable... Playing MK8 with Patch 1.7 (requires OS 6.0) results in freeze after 2 Gandprix's... Even in standby Switch crashes after a couple of time...

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My Switch with 4.0.1 in NAND and 6.0 in EmuNAND is totally unstable... Playing MK8 with Patch 1.7 (requires OS 6.0) results in freeze after 2 Gandprix's... Even in standby Switch crashes after a couple of time...
Yeah, we all know that this Sx os emunand and Version 2.00 in general is very buggy as f@€k ! We have to patiently wait for a fixing update..

JERKBALL

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, we all know that this Sx os emunand and Version 2.00 in general is very buggy as f@€k ! We have to patiently wait for a fixing update..

Espen84 @ burned-fuses (no http-link allowed for me) seems to have the same Problems with his Nand on 6.0 without EmuNand...

Espen84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Espen84 @ burned-fuses (no http-link allowed for me) seems to have the same Problems with his Nand on 6.0 without EmuNand...
Yeah, I Had issues with emunand. it crashed after 5 min giving me a error code. (dont remember the code) then i tried to remove emunan, and just upgrade firmware to 6.0. but still i had issues, it would freeze if i was idle for 5 min, forcing me to do a hard reset. i downgraded to firmware 5.1 and now it seems the issue is gone. so to me it seems its a mix of buggy emunand and firmware 6.0. but i dont know, the fix fore me was to go back to 5.1.....

jajamundo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But is really that easy downgrade the console? Just restore the old full backup nand (rand and boot 0 and 1)?? Actually I never use choidujourNx, just got my 4.1 switch and then update via oficial way. (i didt burn fuses, because i enter RCM mode, then install AutoRCM with SX OS menu. then check my fuses and thats how I know I got fuses count at 5)

Yeah, I Had issues with emunand. it crashed after 5 min giving me a error code. (dont remember the code) then i tried to remove emunan, and just upgrade firmware to 6.0. but still i had issues, it would freeze if i was idle for 5 min, forcing me to do a hard reset. i downgraded to firmware 5.1 and now it seems the issue is gone. so to me it seems its a mix of buggy emunand and firmware 6.0. but i dont know, the fix fore me was to go back to 5.1.....

Ok so I think for the moment I just create an emunand on 6.0.0 without downgrade. Probably gonna wait for a new update of SX OS before I downgrade my console

Last edited by jajamundo,

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But is really that easy downgrade the console? Just restore the old full backup nand (rand and boot 0 and 1)?? Actually I never use choidujourNx, just got my 4.1 switch and then update via oficial way. (i didt burn fuses, because i enter RCM mode, then install AutoRCM with SX OS menu. then check my fuses and thats how I know I got fuses count at 5)
Yep! If you have your backup done, you can easily restore it with Hekate and you'll get back to 4.10 ;)

marveldragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.0 definitely has issues with 6.0 but not with 5.1.0; I would recommend updating your emuNand to 5.1.0 and not 6.0 and having your sys at 4.0.1. You will still have issues with emuNand with 6.0 with 2.0 if you choose to update.

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2.0 definitely has issues with 6.0 but not with 5.1.0; I would recommend updating your emuNand to 5.1.0 and not 6.0 and having your sys at 4.0.1. You will still have issues with emuNand with 6.0 with 2.0 if you choose to update.
So you are saying, your personal experience, that Sx os 2.00 with 5.10fmw and emunand, is working fine without system crash or games freezing? Really you didn't stumble upon any issues? Good to know if it's true :) please tell me your thoughts about it, thank you!

marveldragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. With 5.1.0 sys and emuNand I had no issues. The issues only started happening when I got ballzy and tried using 6.0 sys and emuNand.

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Correct. With 5.1.0 sys and emuNand I had no issues. The issues only started happening when I got ballzy and tried using 6.0 sys and emuNand.
Thank you for your help and support. Ok then, I'm on 4.1 ofmw and Sx os 1.9 ,i could try to update to 2.00 and set up the emunand on 5.10 and stay on sysnand 4.1 to see how it goes!

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do not know why to have tx emunad that it is not emunad - better is to have it on sd... since it is not real emunad why to have it - so that online isn't possible (ban)?

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I do not know why to have tx emunad that it is not emunad - better is to have it on sd... since it is not real emunad why to have it - so that online isn't possible (ban)?
I know Sx os emunand is a poor attempt to recreate a real emunand, although I wanted to try, obviously i don't want to go online with it! meanwhile we are waiting for the real deal from SciresM, if he ever release it..

marveldragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please read OP. They specifically asked not for this. Off topic and not helpful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.