ROM Hack Question About cheat engines

badman112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a simple explanation would do if that is the case.

Cheat engines like game genie, gameshark, codebreakers and action replay make fantastic cheats and the community rapidly will add to it. Then TX made one for theor OS and then hosted a contest. Why is their cheat engine not upto par with these. Im sure their are many others for various consoles and the CFW.

Are we ever going to get a good engine to find quality cheats instead of crappy cheats like money ect.
I remember things like 1 code could unlock all and you could map in game buttons to activate ect are those days gone now??

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a simple explanation would do if that is the case.

Cheat engines like game genie, gameshark, codebreakers and action replay make fantastic cheats and the community rapidly will add to it. Then TX made one for theor OS and then hosted a contest. Why is their cheat engine not upto par with these. Im sure their are many others for various consoles and the CFW.

Are we ever going to get a good engine to find quality cheats instead of crappy cheats like money ect.
I remember things like 1 code could unlock all and you could map in game buttons to activate ect are those days gone now??
do you really need to open another topic?
and why is it crappy? if you know how to search for stuffs then you will be able to find it with the tx cheat engine, if you don't know how to search or make cheats then everything might be crappy to you
and current gen consoles use ASLR unlike any old game systems

Last edited by dsrules,

badman112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
do you really need to open another topic?
and why is it crappy? if you know how to search for stuffs then you will be able to find it with the tx cheat engine, if you don't know how to search or make cheats then everything might be crappy to you
and current gen consoles use ASLR unlike any old game systems

The other topic was more about save editors that could be integrated with cheat like formats

Your saying you could find the values ect not one game out their has in game press these buttons for infinity mushrooms like mario kart. Or a single RPG that gives infinite item usage all slots or even have all items. Its just the simple stuff like, look for the in game value.
When you look at the quality of pretty much every other past cheat engine things was possiable. Here it seems like old games like SNK have most of the cheats.
I could be wrong in all this hence why i said simple explanation if their is one.

Look at PS2 cheat engines. They even break it down for character's ect. Is the TX os cheat engine capable of past stuff??

Last edited by badman112,
Reactions: Zedroid

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
The other topic was more about save editors that could be integrated with cheat like formats

Your saying you could find the values ect not one game out their has in game press these buttons for infinity mushrooms like mario kart. Or a single RPG that gives infinite item usage all slots or even have all items. Its just the simple stuff like, look for the in game value.
When you look at the quality of pretty much every other past cheat engine things was possiable. Here it seems like old games like SNK have most of the cheats.
I could be wrong in all this hence why i said simple explanation if their is one.

Look at PS2 cheat engines. They even break it down for character's ect. Is the TX os cheat engine capable of past stuff??
it all comes down to how good are you on searching and creating codes, even when many people were able to find what they are sesrching for in ram, they can't make them into a cheat code because the address is dynamic and many people don't know how to make pointer codes

Reactions: badman112

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-