Gaming About bans, does stealth games really prevent it?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

I remember people hyped up about stealth games last year and they were playing stealth games but most of them got banned finally. So is it so with iXtreme 1.6? Do you guys play stealth games? how you check your games. What was the last time some ppl got banned.

I'm open to any info about the subject.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A good thread to read as it appears you are a bit hazy on the subject:
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?&topic=2943.0

1.6 (and 1.51) changed the accepted video partition sizes to allow for "wave3" games. 1.6 also made dumping games a bit easier.

How to check:
ABGX360: can check files, directories and burned discs fix things if they are broken (obviously not a burned disc though).
http://abgx360.net/index.html
Many of the people behind http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6 are involved in this one. In addition to the thread above also read the tooltips in abgx360 as they have great info.

Other than bannings for doing stuff on live that would get anyone banned the last banning wave was November 2008.

Me: I use abgx as it is better than the imgburn verify for this 360 games (it can tell you what is wrong rather than "it is wrong at this sector").

As you asked my opinions on xbox live are well known but if I actually cared then the above advice is about as good as it gets unless you want specifics.

Above all banning is still an inexact science full of rampant speculation.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well no one knows 100% certainly if stealth prevents bannings. I personally think it does because if you get on Live with an unstealthed game, you are banned on sight.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thanks both of you for your replies.
So what software and setting you use for burning 360 images. I think you get your images by abgx itself, right?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Burning is anything that will work, IMGBurn works for me.

Usual method is gain iso image
Check with ABGX- fix if necessary (some of the earlier games especially, also if you are outside of usenet territory then you may well get an old iso)
Burn with IMGBurn (select the ".dvd" file).
Check disc with ABGX

ABGX is a info source much like this site (well this site when we had IRC back on efnet) so no isos there.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thank you FAST for being helpful, like ALWAYS, I have more questions, if I may:

1) So what speed do you burn your discs?
2) What software do you use to get iso from a disc? I have to get images from discs thare are not full stealth and then stealth them.
3)my current firmware is 1.4, is it safe for me to play old stealthed games with it or I should go to 1.6.

-idn

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) My drive is not so good (cheap replacement when I decided DVD drives have not yet gone the way of the floppy drive and had given my "spares" away) so I go for 4x most of the time. The speed of burning thing is way overrated though and it will be cheap media that causes you hassle more often than "fast" burning with the obvious exception of people burning too fast for the media they are using.

2) Straight IMGBurn read is the usual method. I assume you are suffering the ever fun Iranian broadband or else I would say use the net as it were (ABGX are especially good for such things).

3) 1.4 will not play any of the so called third wave/wave 3 discs and as you have been asking these questions I really really suggest you do not do any of the workarounds. Also know that as far as playing games is concerned 1.6 and 1.51 are just as good; 1.6 merely adds support to make dumping games (from originals) easier. To answer the original question I would like 1.5 at least (although there is no point in that when 1.51 exists) but it should be no trouble.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've had my 360 for... maybe 9 months or so, and I've been playing games online all this time. Haven't gotten banned yet. I'm pretty sure that if a game is stealthed, you won't get caught. I mean... I guess there's always a chance that you'll get caught, but if the game is stealth, it should decrease that chance by a lot.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
FAST6191 said:
3) 1.4 will not play any of the so called third wave/wave 3 discs and as you have been asking these questions I really really suggest you do not do any of the workarounds. Also know that as far as playing games is concerned 1.6 and 1.51 are just as good; 1.6 merely adds support to make dumping games (from originals) easier. To answer the original question I would like 1.5 at least (although there is no point in that when 1.51 exists) but it should be no trouble.

I meant what if I want to play a full stealth, not wave 3 game with 1.4, is it advisable?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Microsoft don't ban people individually. They let it build up and then ban people in waves.

The last time it was speculated that some were banned because they started to play a few leaked games well before the street date. I'd suggest only playing verified games with ABGX and only play a title after it has been released in the stores.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?