about acekard.cc

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by coolness, Aug 21, 2011.

Aug 21, 2011

about acekard.cc by coolness at 4:08 PM (696 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. coolness
    OP

Banned coolness PSN: Dutch_DarkLord

Netherlands
  2. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The acekard 3 is fake, there is no such thing.

Why do you need to use that? just use the official bootloader update off acekard.com, you should be fine using akaio from their site, the latest is 1.8.7.

3. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i don't know what card they cloned to make the acekard 3. it is probably based on the r4 ultra which was designed, manufactured, and supported by team acekard (unofficially). if thats the case its based on an old ak2i design and updating it with the official acekard files would probably corrupt or damage the bootloader. if a correct update exists you could probably reflash it and fix your "brick".

i would not attempt to flash one with the files from the other. they are most probably different chips, different designs, etc. you could always do it, and hope for the best. if it doesn't work you should be able to reflash it with the real acekard update. the problem is that once you update the acekard software may refuse to allow you to reflash. i really don't know what will happen because i haven't head of anyone trying this. be the first if you want to help out the community, if your ak2i is much to valuable for you then don't try it.

-another world

4. tiggerlator

Member tiggerlator GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    That site is so funny, they're saying the newer acekard 2i with the smaller sst chip is fake and not updateable, lmao, thats the one i have which i updated, and is running akaio 1.8.7