❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah, brings up health and safety information. 3d display precations etc
I forgot to ask; do you have an O3DS or N3DS, and what's the region? I honestly don't know if it matters but I'd rather not contribute to any further problems by sending you an incompatible injection.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to say I was successful to install a9lh on my O3ds XL without any format! This guide is so simple! I installed a9lh in no time, it was all worth it! I totally recomend this guide, thanks to evryone to contributed with the compiling of a9lh and making the guide to install it! :yay3ds:

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In regards to Part 3 Sections V and VI. When I've done a system update after injecting FBI, it has removed it and I've had to dump H&S and inject it again. I was about to open an issue but then I thought, I didn't delete the folder inside 00000 since it didn't seem to affect anything. Rather than look like an idiot opening a non-existent issue, I thought I'd ask - does removing that folder make it so FBI isn't removed on system update?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
In regards to Part 3 Sections V and VI. When I've done a system update after injecting FBI, it has removed it and I've had to dump H&S and inject it again. I was about to open an issue but then I thought, I didn't delete the folder inside 00000 since it didn't seem to affect anything. Rather than look like an idiot opening a non-existent issue, I thought I'd ask - does removing that folder make it so FBI isn't removed on system update?
The folder that the guide says to remove apparently only deals with theme data, so it's unrelated. Though an update removing the injection makes sense seeing as the application itself is most likely going to be updated with the rest of the system.

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
This probably has been asked a million times but,
just to be extra sure... When A9LH is successfully installed on a console,
we can update the 3DS firmware without having to worry that it gets removed, right?

Don't really need to update should there be a new firmware (i rarely play online and most of the games i'm looking for will most likely run on the current fw)
but in case one of my kids mess with the console and a update message appears, i'd rather not lose it :P
they just hit ok without reading anything.

Thaulos

Trophies
XP
Country
This probably has been asked a million times but,
just to be extra sure... When A9LH is successfully installed on a console,
we can update the 3DS firmware without having to worry that it gets removed, right?

Don't really need to update should there be a new firmware (i rarely play online and most of the games i'm looking for will most likely run on the current fw)
but in case one of my kids mess with the console and a update message appears, i'd rather not lose it :P
they just hit ok without reading anything.

Yes, you can update without fuss.

Reactions: VioletX

matty942

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i got it all fixed, thanks for the help everyone. the way i fixed it was installing the cias BEFORE updating even though the guide says to update then install cias. thanks Thaulos and Joom and goodbye gateway :toot:

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just finished the new guide with an o3DS fw 6.2.0-4E and when i restored the NANDmin.bin (6.2.0-4E backup) after installed the a9lh i've just got a black screen. The troubleshoot section helped me and when i installed the ctr 9.2.0 fw the problems solved.

grandcross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm slightly confused by the way things are worded in this part of Plailect's guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

I'm on 9.0.0-20U (N3DS), so I should be able to proceed (If you are between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, do the following), but 4. at the bottom says "Check the system settings, you should be on 9.2.0" . Am I supposed to somehow be on 9.2.0 by dumping the Decrypt9WIP folder to the 3ds folder on my SD card? Should it say 9.2.0 in the system settings for me?

Last edited by grandcross,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm slightly confused by the way things are worded in this part of Plailect's guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(Browser)

I'm on 9.0.0-20U, so I should be able to proceed (If you are between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, do the following), but 4. at the bottom says "Check the system settings, you should be on 9.2.0" . Am I supposed to somehow be on 9.2.0 by dumping the Decrypt9WIP folder to the 3ds folder on my SD card? Should it say 9.2.0 in the system settings for me?
9.0 and 9.2 are the same pretty much, so don't worry about the versioning.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

grandcross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Thanks. Waited for the new guide, then updated both an O3DS and N3DS with no issues. Though my game collection is in .3ds, I guess I can sell my Gateway (which I've had since it was a brand new thing) and switch my .3ds games to .cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work