Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

Stock98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Speaking of the new guide, we need seeders for the files pertinent to it. I and a few others have our seedboxes chugging along, but there have been hundreds of downloads on these files yet we still only have 20 or so seeders for each file (even less on some files). Even if you have terrible bandwidth or a slow connection, you can set the priority and a speed limit on the files you grab. Every little bit helps.

I'll seed some for a couple of days.

Reactions: Joom

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if ur on any firmware above 9.2, u can just downgrade because downgrading to 9.2 is pretty much common sense and easy to do

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you can always look back at Plailect's old guide and downgrade to 9.2 or ask the members here and they'll walk you through

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
well, if ur on any firmware above 9.2, u can just downgrade because downgrading to 9.2 is pretty much common sense and easy to do

you can always look back at Plailect's old guide and downgrade to 9.2 or ask the members here and they'll walk you through
Guide still includes instructions on downgrading.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
O_O
really?
Yeah, since the guide now relies on the CTRNand Transfer feature of Decrypt9, you just need arm9 code execution, which can be done on most lower firmwares than 9.2

really? i did not see it at all.
it's either that im blind, or im looking at the wrong guide
Yeah, it's there on the links for greater than 9.2 FIRM
See:
upload_2016-8-25_0-58-37.png

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
guys , i made a thread about this , but im going to post my issue here , i hope i get some help ...

I think i f*cked up , this is what i did:

1- I installed arm9 / I can boot up hourglass now
2- Then i missed the step of configuring Luma and i restored the previous sysnand to my 3ds
3- But then then i rebooted holding the select button to configure Luma , checked autoboot sysnand / show sysnand / and show GBA on boot

But then sysnand showed me "sys 9.2" instead of "emu 9.2" , I got freaked out , So i restored my previous emunand (one i had stored ) via hourglass , but now it shows me "sys11.0.0-33 E" ; and i can't even install .cia files via the health and safety app because it gives me an error (0xc8a0802b) , so what did i do wrong ? please help ..I can still access hourglass tho ..

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
guys , i made a thread about this , but im going to post my issue here , i hope i get some help ...

I think i f*cked up , this is what i did:

1- I installed arm9 / I can boot up hourglass now
2- Then i missed the step of configuring Luma and i restored the previous sysnand to my 3ds
3- But then then i rebooted holding the select button to configure Luma , checked autoboot sysnand / show sysnand / and show GBA on boot

But then sysnand showed me "sys 9.2" instead of "emu 9.2" , I got freaked out , So i restored my previous emunand (one i had stored ) via hourglass , but now it shows me "sys11.0.0-33 E" ; and i can't even install .cia files via the health and safety app because it gives me an error (0xc8a0802b) , so what did i do wrong ? please help ..I can still access hourglass tho ..
You're fine, you're on a9lh CFW with 11.0. Your issue with FBI is something different altogether:
Code:
    Failure : [true]       Level : [25] Status     Summary : [5] Invalid state     Module : [32] AM Description : [43] Database doesn't exist/failed to open (AM) ([?])

Try going into the e-shop once, maybe, since the app DB doesn't seem to exist (?)

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
You're fine, you're on a9lh CFW with 11.0. Your issue with FBI is something different altogether:
Code:
    Failure : [true]       Level : [25] Status     Summary : [5] Invalid state     Module : [32] AM Description : [43] Database doesn't exist/failed to open (AM) ([?])

Try going into the e-shop once, maybe, since the app DB doesn't seem to exist (?)

How do i fix that , and this is strange , i can even bootup my 3ds without an SD card , am i screwed ? o.O

trying to boot eshop now ..

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
How do i fix that , and this is strange , i can even bootup my 3ds without an SD card , am i screwed ? o.O
The fact that you can boot your 3ds without an SD card is somewhat strange, unless Plailect updated his guide to use the fork of a9lh that can boot without a SD card.

However, the fact that you're able to access hourglass9, and that it says "Sys 11.0" rather than "Ver. 11.0" means you definitely have a9lh.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
The fact that you can boot your 3ds without an SD card is somewhat strange, unless Plailect updated his guide to use the fork of a9lh that can boot without a SD card.

However, the fact that you're able to access hourglass9, and that it says "Sys 11.0" rather than "Ver. 11.0" means you definitely have a9lh.

Maybe because i didn't use Plai's files , i downloaded a full package from a youtuber i was watching...I know , my bad..

Last edited by Ghassen-ga,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
This one ; btw i could install fbi after accessing the eshop , thank you , does that mean everything is alright ? xD
Yeah, after looking at the files in the video, they use the fork of a9lh that can boot without SD card.

Everything should work, though it sounds like you're on an outdated FBI version (newer versions make the DB automatically)

You may want to update, to get the slick new UI, features like installing via a QR code, etc.

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, after looking at the files in the video, they use the fork of a9lh that can boot without SD card.

Everything should work, though it sounds like you're on an outdated FBI version (newer versions make the DB automatically)

You may want to update, to get the slick new UI, features like installing via a QR code, etc.

Thank you , i updated my Fbi , but this is strange tho ,booting my 3ds without the Sd card shows "ver" in the settings , and booting it with the Sd card n shows "sys" , i'm not even sure what's going on..

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Thank you , i updated my Fbi , but this is strange tho ,booting my 3ds without the Sd card shows "ver" in the settings , and booting it with the Sd card n shows "sys" , i'm not even sure what's going on..
The mini CFW in the a9lh fork doesn't do the Ver. string patching, that's a feature of luma. Don't worry, you still have a9lh :)

Reactions: Ghassen-ga

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade