Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

alwaysfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed to letter the new guide for my 2DS 6.0.0 US. Everything worked until i restored my backed NAND. I get a black screen when i try to boot. arm9loaderhax works ok, because i can start Hourglass9 by holding Start on boot, or Luma3DS 6.0.1 options by holding Select on boot. Any suggestions?

Should i try 2DS 9.2.0 ctrtransfer?

Last edited by alwaysfish,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed to letter the new guide for my 2DS 6.0.0 US. Everything worked until i restored my backed NAND. I get a black screen when i try to boot. arm9loaderhax works ok, because i can start Hourglass9 by holding Start on boot, or Luma3DS 6.0.1 options by holding Select on boot. Any suggestions?
This is the part where a Nand backup is restored.. Right?

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
quick question, am at the part of restoring my emunand i had now, currently copying all files from my sd card to my computer.
Is it ok if i power off my 2DS now? (I'm still at the "Unmounting SD Card" screen) or should i keep it on.

Sorry if this has been asked before, just wanna make sure that i don't do anything wrong so close at the end

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question, am at the part of restoring my emunand i had now, currently copying all files from my sd card to my computer.
Is it ok if i power off my 2DS now? (I'm still at the "Unmounting SD Card" screen) or should i keep it on.

Sorry if this has been asked before, just wanna make sure that i don't do anything wrong so close at the end
Keep it on

alwaysfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Should i try 2DS 9.2.0 ctrtransfer?

Ok, so i tried to do 9.2.0 ctrtransfer and the system booted successfully

Stock98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skimmed through the new guide, just got a quick question. Since I have 2 New 3DS EUR with gateway emunand, is it ok to backup the emunand using EmuNAND9 before I start following the guide itself. I've only done it once with a freshly wiped Old 3DS XL.

D

Deleted User

Skimmed through the new guide, just got a quick question. Since I have 2 New 3DS EUR with gateway emunand, is it ok to backup the emunand using EmuNAND9 before I start following the guide itself. I've only done it once with a freshly wiped Old 3DS XL.
It should be, yes.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this got almost 200 post already. I'm glad, i hope this keep going like this and stay on the front page as long as possible, hoping newcomers will see it and follow the leads to the guide for CFW. :)

I was hoping someone could pin the news on the front page that @endoverend posted about this to the top of the topic list in the CFW forum

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, I already have a Menuhax setup with Cakes and ReiNAND at the latest version. I downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 in my SysNAND. Can I still install A9LH and keep games/saves/homebrew?

Stock98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Question, I already have a Menuhax setup with Cakes and ReiNAND at the latest version. I downgraded from 10.3 to 9.2 in my SysNAND. Can I still install A9LH and keep games/saves/homebrew?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Move-RedNAND

pretty much the same question as me, if I read that page correctly should be able to backup emunand and restore it after installing A9LH, correct me if im wrong.

Reactions: YugamiSekai

deadman8555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What advantages does a9lh have? Never did mine when I modded my n3ds systems. Isn't this how I would play gba cia files?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What advantages does a9lh have? Never did mine when I modded my n3ds systems. Isn't this how I would play gba cia files?
1-Brick protection
2-sysnand CFW
3-Booting to any arm9 payload in miliseconds
4-Yes you can play GBA CIA files from it using a CFW like LUMA3DS

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
But can I upgrade with a EmuNAND setup though...
Sure you can. even better, you can extract your emunand image and flash it to sysnand whilst keeping your arm9loaderhax firm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: what's the fanfic name?