Hacking a Wired Problem with A9LH

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
No it don't have to be workin because all of that. I briked a console updating the stage2. The same case as you. A9LH works because it's installed, but the 3DS will never start since the stage2 is briked.
Try what I said to you. If that does not work, you may need hardmod.
No, stage2 is what powers of the console. The fact that the console is powering off without the SD card in means that stage2 is fine.

OP, delete the arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card root and put Luma's in there, I want to see if it works (iirc there were some problems on the newest a9lh with ctrbootmanager9)

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so i am quite out of luck?

No, you can either try what @Link0 suggested (i.e. removing the "new" subfolder), though I'm not sure if that would just create a new one or relink to the old one, or you could flash the latest NAND backup you have (probably called sysNAND-A9LHAX.bin if you followed the guide to the letter).

If you decide to flash the backup, make a backup of your current setup first. If you installed games during these 2 weeks, they will be greyed out in the 3DS software management, but installing the ticket or the CIA again will do (the CIA won't be completely reinstalled as the data would be still on the SD card).

No, stage2 is what powers of the console. The fact that the console is powering off without the SD card in means that stage2 is fine.

OP, delete the arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card root and put Luma's in there, I want to see if it works (iirc there were some problems on the newest a9lh with ctrbootmanager9)

He already tried that out apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I did it and it is not working...
I also cleaned my SD pins...

Last edited by Kyojin,

Lord_A

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the "/Nintendo 3DS" folder. You'll probably have a couple folders, the one with the highest size is the only one you want to keep, since it has all your data.
Well, just did it. it starts with a black screen. Cant do anything at all this time.

Last edited by Lord_A,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well yeah, it seemed weird that it would just relink to the old one. Recopy the folders, make sure it boots like before (i.e. in the empty home menu), make a SysNAND backup, and the restore the "old" SysNAND-A9LH.bin backup.

Make sure you choose the "Restore SysNAND Backup (keep A9LH)" option if using Decrypt9. If you are using Hourglass9, there is no need to as it is done by default.

Lord_A

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well yeah, it seemed weird that it would just relink to the old one. Recopy the folders, make sure it boots like before (i.e. in the empty home menu), make a SysNAND backup, and the restore the "old" SysNAND-A9LH.bin backup.

Make sure you choose the "Restore SysNAND Backup (keep A9LH)" option if using Decrypt9. If you are using Hourglass9, there is no need to as it is done by default.

You know what? It didnt help at all :/ I guess everything is lost...

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WTH, that does not make much sense. :blink: You are still having a black screen? Or do you mean empty home menu?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK so back at square one. But did you copy back the "000002ce" folder? If yes, remove it (keep a backup on the PC).

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you have a different entrypoint before a9lh? If it's menuhax, did you remember to uninstall it?
Wait, I used to have menuhax before switching to a9lh, but I haven't needed to do that. Should I do that?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edit; never mind just realized the guide I used transfers the emunand (without homemenuhax) to the sysnand as a final step. Leaving this post here for further generations

Last edited by justinkb,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, but you know what? i guess i do everything from scratch. those are just games after all ;)

Since you still have access to Decrypt9, you can still decrypt the contents of the "/Nintendo 3DS" folder which contains your saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?