Gaming a way to identify a ROM that can brick a DSlite?

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is playing a mysterious ROM "CRACKED DQ9 SOTSS" [245mb] in no$gba and able to play it assure that it is not a bricker?..

i played it on the Emulator last year ,just got my DSlite in April..and im planning to transfer my save game and the game to my r4, so is it okay?

i'd searched the net regarding the DQ9 rom bricker.

why would those NDS user ran that DQ9 which is actually a bricker without even noticing it?..is it the same file size?

and if i can play a ROM in no$gba, and its working perfectly, can i be sure that it is not an infected rom that can brick my DSlite?

and what are the things that can cause a DSlite to brick?

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the best way to ensure that you don't get a brick is that you replace the arm7 code with a known there is a way a Trojan can bypass that but since nearly now one do that it is nearly 100% save than. But the compatibility goes down to about 90%.

Or install Flashme then you can restore the firmware when you get an brick

Versions i know Trojan.DSBrick.B, 548673 bytes, md5sum 8e7a3728759df265ca3a78553cf27bb8 and Trojan.DSBrick.A, 151361 bytes, md5sum a959cfa514f4c7162a81421ee99d3356 A show a wall with bricks B a hentai slideshow

ADD: A DSi is 100% secure from any brick even if you use iEVO

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
im aware of that,..thanks... but just like i asked...if i played the ROM on an emu and it works, is it 100% safe?..

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mcr619619 said:
im aware of that,..thanks... but just like i asked...if i played the ROM on an emu and it works, is it 100% safe?..
Not 100% safe because a computer is stronger than a DS and the AP effect is different.

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
^shudder...LOL

well, they say that the DQ9 Bricker Version was actually DF's old Hentai Slideshow Bricker, so why do those gamers ran it in the 1st place? is it to not obvious to be a bricker? DQ9 is a 256mb ROM, does it mean the bricker is the same file size to disguise or smaller/bigger..or the bricker was actually in the rom?
i mean, while playing DQ9, in the middle of the game, it change and become a the slideshow[bricker] or right after running the ROM it will play the slideshow?

i always think a bricker is only a small file size like 10mb as it only include some codes

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am in several minds over this reply

1) Conceptually the DS bricker is trivial but to my knowledge there has only been the two original files repackaged (mostly just renamed) in various forms.

2) Again conceptually tacking on the code to the DS rom is but a minor assembly level hack (or maybe not even that) but I have never heard of a bricker done this way (. In the more general computing realm and even some other embedded systems (thinking phones) such a mindset would be folly but here I could possibly even get to advocating it.

3) I mentioned repackaging up above but even that is rare.

Similarly the effect on a DS lite is negligible anyway (see the need to short SL1 for the entirety of the flashing on the DS lite where the DS is a bit different) and for the original DS should you run flashme you are protected (at least from the main incarnation).
To this end I say ignore the threat and get on with life.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or just get another rom - it doesn't matter which one you use, as long as it's from the same region the save will work. And don't forget to convert it when you transfer it to you DS depending upon which flashcart you choose. There, this is the probably the easiest and most effective solution.
tongue.gif

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@fast -thanks i know it's a small issue, but i just really wanted to know so i can be like 99.9% brick-free...

@fel - thanks , i appreciate it..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-