A/V Cables

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JinTrigger, Jan 27, 2010.

Jan 27, 2010

A/V Cables by JinTrigger at 8:19 PM (893 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Ok so I have two cables...Gamestop brand...One has component and A/V cables and the other has S-Video and A/V cables. Well on each set of cables the Wii refuses to work on the A/V cables but will work on the S-video/Component. I move my Wii around a lot and sometimes I'm not around a TV with component or S-video connectors so can someone tell me some way to fix this problem

NOTE-On the component/AV cable I put the green component in where the yellow AV cable is suppose to go. It shows up but its all blurry and stuff

2. Toughschmidt

Newcomer Toughschmidt Member

United States
    Maybe you've already tested this, but does the Wii still assume 420p and/or Widescrean mode when you're using the composite cables? You might want to make sure the Wii reverts back to 480i and Standard 4:3 size before switching to the composite output. Do NOT use the Component cables in the composite port on a TV or vise versa, this could damage your set.

Oh, and the real "DUH!" suggestion: Make sure the set you're using it on is turned to the proper video input channel.

3. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    yep all the setting are as they should be

4. Toughschmidt

Newcomer Toughschmidt Member

United States
    Wait, is there a yellow composite cable on these Gamestop cables? I just checked, and the packs I'm seeing don't have a Yellow Composite cable with either the Component or S-video packages. Which means, it's of course not compatible. You can't use any of the component cables in a standard composite video port. Just because it fits, doesn't mean it sends out the correct signal. If you're moving from TV to TV anyway, leave those Component and S-video cables plugged into the TV's you use all the time, then take the standard composite (yellow, red, and white) cables that came with the Wii to the other TV's you plan on using.

5. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    the two packs I have both have a yellow cable along with whatever they are bundled with. The 1st one is a composite (Yellow Red White) and S-video and the other is composite (yellow red and white) with Component (red blue green). I know the White and Red one are for the audio but I need video

EDIT
    Here's the two I have

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=33927 - Component Cables with the Yellow cable
    http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDet...roduct_id=18698 - S-video cable with yellow cable

6. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    now my orginal composite cables stop working (the yellow cable)...I thought it was the cable itself but could it be the wii