Hacking Question A thought: Feasible or no?

Antivash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently found Vita while cleaning out a desk and while messing around with it again, I had a thought. I ask this mostly for the sake of curiosity than any real desire to use it. I suppose under certain circumstances it could be useful, but really not necessary.

So with the Vita's CFW Henkaku Enso, I can set it up so that it loads everything from the internal memory instead of the SD card. It means that even if there is a problem with my SDcard (data corruption, etc), or if for whatever reason I want to run with a different card (multiple smaller cards, for example), I can still boot into the CFW and have all of my plugins safe.

I'm curious if that would be possible to replicate with atmosphere. Lets say, for the sake of argument, that I have multiple smaller cards but I don't want to have to maintain two separate configurations between them all. I realize this isn't a major issue, really. It would be more for the convenience of only having to update a single location. And like I said, I am asking more out of curiosity than anything else.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Technically it should be possible.
When starting in RCM mode to start the custom firmware,
one has access to all keys needed for the access to NAND (internal memory) which is encryted.
But it is far more easy to read the files from the SD card, which is not encrypted.
Besides that, it's much easier to update the files on the SD card because you can just plug the SD card into a PC.
For maintaining files on the NAND, one would also need some utility as it cannot be accessed in any way when connecting the Switch with USB to a PC.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this was possible it would have already been achieved. The payload needs to look at SD for the CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts