A Strange Smash Bros 4 Occurance

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by mikeyt1998, Jan 27, 2015.

1. mikeyt1998
    OP

mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

Aug 11, 2007
    Dalton-in-furness, north west
    So I run a small YouTube channel and did a video on SSB glitches, and a guy commented on it asking why he'd lost a match against the computer team when he was KO'd only 3 times and he'd KO'd them collectively over 180 times.

There's a picture HERE to show the final score and to me it looks as though he should have won by a mile... Am I missing something? I don't play Smash 3DS so don't know about any special ruling or anything, just didn't make sense to me hahaha

Thanks!

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Looks like stock battle with a time limit? I think the time limit ran out, after which the game declares the one with most stocks the winner. I assume that the three CPUs combined had more stocks than the player, which is why he lost. Just guessing though, idk if it actually works like that.

3. mikeyt1998
    OP

Aug 11, 2007
    So you mean like, his stock count may have been way way lower to begin with, and theirs set high?

That makes sense though I didn't know that was an option. I'll have to see if there are any other logical explainations before I tell him hahaha Thanks man!

4. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    No, in timed stock matches when the time runs out, the team with the highest total stock wins. Assuming they all had 99 stock, when time ran out he had 96 and the blue team had a combined 108.

5. LittleFlame

LittleFlame Thinks he's better than all of you

Jan 30, 2015
    Netherlands
    That one place
    ^
    | that

6. mikeyt1998
    OP

Aug 11, 2007
    Ahhhhhh I've got ya, their stocks all sum together at the end to make the final combined team stock count.

Thanks for that! I'll let him know :)